Idea for Random Quotes

Was just thinking it would really good if members  could contribute random quotes to the front page of a communities front page* people liking contributing to home pages especially in a funny/philosophical way*
What also would be cool is have a random quotes feature on a members profile page generated by the members themselves...
Not too late for Dolphin 7 or have the cool guys and girls at boonex already thought of this???

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

That's simple, but I think the priorities are elsewhere for lil' Dolphin.. (you can use a custom page with some contact form..)

The feature final version is comming in a week and we have no contact importer or recent friend ativity.. that's REAL SAD..

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Not madly keen on contact importers for 2 reasons
1. they very often look like spam *o no not another wannabee facebook,myspace, bebo, fanbox website*  when they land in potential members email in boxes...off putting eh?
2. I think its better grow organically via various types of word of mouth...

I have already added a Random Quotes field to our joining up page but this isn't the best implementation and means we have to add members random quotes via the admin area.

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Not madly keen on contact importers for 2 reasons
1. they very often look like spam *o no not another wannabee facebook,myspace, bebo, fanbox website*  when they land in potential members email in boxes...off putting eh?
2. I think its better grow organically via various types of word of mouth...

I have already added a Random Quotes field to our joining up page but this isn't the best implementation and means we have to add members random quotes via the admin area.

I personally joined almost every community my friends invited me, I wouldn't have normally joined these junk websites .. being active is a different matter.. but if you want numbers, this is the best way to do it..

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Well at the moment I'm currently 3-4 emails from fanbox.com to join their website from people I don't even know, I would rather one of my mates told me about a great community website, than receive emails because I happen to be one of 500 contacts on someone else's email address book.
Contacts importers feeling like your are imposing..................

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.