Importing language file - dolphin 7.3.4

Hi guys,

we're using two languages for our site (english / german). Works perfect so far.

Now we want to make some changes to the german language file.

I've seen in the topic https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Changing-Language-Key-directly-in-lang-en-php-file.htm that it's better to use the import function than modifying the file directly.

Yesterday I removed the german language file via control panel in the language settings section and imported the new file. Result was a successful import.

Today I did it the same way, but when I want to import the new file the only message I get is:

"Could not add a new language to the database"

But why not? What's the reason for the message?

Does anyone have an idea? Is there something missing that I have to do for a correct import?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Quote · 12 Jan 2018

See if your log files give more information on why importing the language failed.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Jan 2018

Examine the language file to see if you made a mistake somewhere; left out a semi-colon etc.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Jan 2018

Hello whatsupnext!

Yes, geek_girl is right - need to know more info about mistakes. Usually similar messages appear with PHP errors in file (wrong syntax) or dulpicated key info like lang name.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 15 Jan 2018

Hi its me again :-)

I checked the error log and the access log - nothing!

I tried it again....uninstalled the German Language Module...Compiled the Language. 

Export the Language...! Made my Changes (this time I deleted only a word for a test) - Deleted the Language and tried to Import the Language - Message: Couldn't import a language - when I tried the same without deleting the Language - Message: No New Language found in database....!

I Tried it without changing anything...same Message like above....what i am doing wrong? Where is my mistake.

When I overwrite the file in lang/lang-de.php - everything is fine...but when I install something new...all is default again....

:-(

Niels

Quote · 15 Jan 2018

Hello Niels!

Your letters were answered, will wait your reply.

Quote · 16 Jan 2018

Hi Leonid,

I attached the file on this way.....! All other Infos in PM.

Thank you!

Niels

lang-de.php · 183.4K · 197 downloads
Quote · 16 Jan 2018

Please try to clear all cached files and try Import language file again.

https://www.insoler.com/ The first community site supports RAW photo formats !
Quote · 17 Jan 2018

Hi Brentsu,

do you mean - deleting Cache with the Button in the Admin Panel? 

Quote · 17 Jan 2018

Hello everybody!

If language file has any issues clearing of cache will not solve the problem. So need to be sure first that importede files is OK.

Quote · 17 Jan 2018

do you mean - deleting Cache with the Button in the Admin Panel? 

Yes. It works for me.

Because we can not delete the default English file, it becomes very troublesome when I need to modify some descriptions of the English language.

So I modified the "administration/lang_file.php" program, now "import" can support the import a new language or direct update of the existing language content (when I changed Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.)

https://www.insoler.com/ The first community site supports RAW photo formats !
Quote · 17 Jan 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.