Incompatible Mod?

Someone put a mod in my system that is not working properly, it is causing disruption in other parts of the system.

Can I find someone experienced who can tell me if this is something that can be fixed? Or if it is just truly incompatible and needs to be removed.

The person who installed it is non-responsive other than what seems like playing dumb and pretending everything is working properly when it obviously is not.

please contact me at robertrun@fastmail.us

this is costing me a lot of time and money, and it is the second round of madness with this same person who is driving me mad.

fool me once shame on you.. fool me twice shame on me..

Really... someone.. i am losing my mind.

Help me out here.

Quote · 24 Feb 2009

Help us out here a little.  What mod was installed and what is it doing?  A URL to your site/the problem would be great.

Quote · 24 Feb 2009

It is a video mod that allows the user to choose to upload a video, or link to a youtube or myspace video at the beginning of the upload process. I really great idea.

Unfortunately it does not work. It was tried once and failed, and then removed, and then the developer said he could make it work, so i let him, but it just doesn't work, it's that simple. The videos do not get picked up when you click them, it is unstable, sometimes it works in profiles and sometimes it does not, it never works on the homepage. It has been spotty and the developer just essentially walked away from the problem, and behaves as thougth I am out of line for expecting him to finish his work that he was paid for, TWICE, and I am not naming the name of the developer in this format.

At this point, I am looking for a better youtube solution, although that developer has the right idea, giving the member those choices at the outset of the upload process.

My site is on a development server and I do not want to have a lot of traffic right now.

But if there is someone who can remove this mod, and reinstall ray, and help me find a decent affordable alternative for having the external videos, that would be great.

Also, I could really dig a tutorial of some kind in learning how to install mods.

Quote · 25 Feb 2009

I have the basic problem solved.. there are still little bugs in it, but I am going to let them go for now.. the upload fields are all messed up.. i can't expect to have everything.. by the time I have a decent number of members it will be time to upgrade to D7, so I am just going to bite the bullet on the little things right now.

I got help from a couple of great developers who took my knowledge to another level and picked up my slack.. that is excellent..

i think my footer ad issues are going to be solved in the next day.. i think.

Quote · 26 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.