Installation Help

Im getting an error after I configure on dolphin. When I go to cron Job it says"

Access denied for user 'maceio'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"
I have the correct database name and username. I have given all privelegdes. Can someone help me?
And also there is no Inc/header.php file.
Quote · 29 May 2008

Cron jobs settings have to be done from your server CPanel or Direct Admin.

The inc/header.inc.php was written by your site during the install. You can download it from your host.

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 29 May 2008

Hi,

I just tried to install dolphin today. I got the exact same error message (other than your  name). It was telling me that I had put the incorrect database and admin name in the database or configuration section; the section where it asks for your database details just before it asks for all your email addresses etc. Then once I clicked next it came up with that error.

It took a few tries but I finally realised that my host (HostForWeb) adds on your login user name when you put in your user and admin names.

For example lets say that my user name that my host gave me was "user1".

Now when I created my database I used the name "dol1" and I simply set my user name to be "admin"

However the host added my user name "user1" into the mix. So for the dolphin installation on HostForWeb the correct database name and user name were:

database =      user1_dol1

user =             user1_admin

(note:nothing was added to the password)

Once I had corrected those two things I was able to go past the Access Denied error page and onto cron jobs.

If you are using the same host or one that does thing similarly then that may solve your problem. Its annoying because  you have to go back 2 pages to re-enter your database/user name and then re-enter your email addresses etc and the error only shows after that.

Cheers

Max

PS - As for the missing inc/header file; I am getting a similar problem with that too. I have the file there (I checked with my FTP program) but I seem to have some problem which doesnt allow it to display properly. I'm still working on that one.

Quote · 29 May 2008

It seems the installation of dolphin has not complete. Goto http://www.your_stie.com/install/index.php and finish it properly.

Provide correct database if and add the user to database with full privillages.

----
Quote · 29 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.