Installation Problem

Hi folks,

I just installed dolphin yesterday but i had this problem when i tried runing it for the first time.

arning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/langs/lang-en.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/inc/languages.inc.php on line 277

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/langs/lang-en.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/hsphere/local/home/rokmer:/usr/local/lib/php:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec:/tmp:/var/tmp) in /var/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/inc/languages.inc.php on line 277

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/langs/lang-en.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/hsphere/local/home/rokmer/meltsaknust.com/meltsabook/inc/languages.inc.php on line 277

Fatal error: Cannot apply localization.

I checked the directory permissions and everything seems right. I checked the langs folder to find out the lang-en.php but it wasnt there! I have redownloaded dolphin 6.1 again but still have the same problem.

Can anyone help by sending me the file? If you think its something else let me know.

my email is mekoahh@yahoo.com

Thank

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

you need to get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to remove the restriction of open_basedir. let us know if this gets cleared up.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 1 Jun 2008

The problem is the the root path is not correctly set on the php.ini

You can ask your host to change this or disable the restrictions.

Regards,

Praveen

http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.