Instead of "Please Wait" for Login-Logout

Hello Community,

Last thread mentioned "Please Wait" was back in 2013. Just want to revisit this to see if anyone have a solution to replace page "Please Wait" for Login and Logout. I understand you can change the language, however, this discussion is to either replace the Please Wait page to your own page or change the overall process.

1. Replace "Please Wait" page - Is it possible to use your own page with modernize design to tell users that they are being log in/log out the site. Similarly, just a simple background photo for login/logout will work also.

2. Change the overall process - When login or logout, instead of user are redirect to a page to only show "Please Wait", is it possible to have a Spinning Loading Animation on the current view page? May be the whole screen can be darken slightly with the animation then jump straight to the action selected by the user (either logging in or logging out).

Regards,

Quote · 9 Jul 2018

On my site the login and logout are fairly quick.  Are you wanting to send them to a static page instead of the little pop-up thing?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 9 Jul 2018

Modzzz has the animation you're thinking about, but I noticed a problem on his demo site which loads extremely slow for me. The animation often times out before the page is loaded, but maybe that's something Modzz can easily fix.

https://www.boonex.com/m/page-preloader

You'll find a link to the demo site there.

Quote · 9 Jul 2018

On my site the login and logout are fairly quick.  Are you wanting to send them to a static page instead of the little pop-up thing?

Geek_Girl,

Correct. I rather send user to a static page that looks and feel more modern than a boring full page with a little "Please Wait" at the top. However, my prefer way is simply to have a spinning loading animation whenever user click on Logout or when user login no need to direct a user to a Please Wait page.

John,

I purchased the pre-loader from Modzzz already, however, the module does not allow me to pick where to use the pre-loader animation. Every links I clicked flashes the animation. I only want it to shows for Login and Logout. I might contact Modzzz for help.

Quote · 10 Jul 2018

As the question was raised once before and because my sites often take a long time to load, I've written a tutorial for what it's worth. 

I prefer @GeekGirls suggestion of a spinner of some kind, so just find an animated image and replace it where I say my_image.jpg.

This tutorial only works for login and log out so it may help. By using your imagination, you should be able to do all sorts of neat things.

Good luck

Please wait.pdf · 99.2K · 170 downloads
Quote · 10 Jul 2018

John,

Thank you so much for your assistant. I am going to tackle this after putting my kids to bed and drink some tea!

Regards,

Quote · 10 Jul 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.