Is Boonex Slowly Shutting Down?

Hello, been searching online for some Boonex links and to my suprise. Many of them is down, for example

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DetailedInstall .

Whats next, removing boonex license from the site?

Is this Possible?

Creative Progressive Progression
Quote · 8 Apr 2023

Boonex is not slowly shutting down Dolphin, it's essentially shut down already. Boonex plans to stop supporting it in the later half of this year. Much has been written about this and there's a notice stating that fact on the top of each page of this forum. 

The final version of Dolphin (7.4.2) came out a couple of years ago and it works with PHP 7xxx. There will be NO further releases of Dolphin and there won't be any upgrades or fixes as far as I know. Boonex wants you to use UNA and you can transfer your license to there to gain more features. However, Dolphin third party modules won't work over there.

As long as PHP 7xxx is around Dolphin and your license should continue to work. It may work after that, but it will depend on the backward compatibility of PHP 8xxxx

Boonex have left most, if not all the support pages there, so the 500 error is one they may fix when they get to hear about it.

If you plan to build a site and run it on an external server, a VPS server like Digital-Ocean with Hestia panel are a good start. That's what I use.

Quote · 9 Apr 2023

I have paid several licenses for dolphin and I cannot upgrade, the download pages for the patch are no longer available. 

This is a mess

brunno
Quote · 19 Apr 2023

What's going on here?

https://www.ssegold.com/poe2-currency
Quote · 24 Apr 2023

In the same way Volkswagen stopped manufacturing the Beetle and electronics firms stopped making Video Tape, Boonex has stopped developing Dolphin. They've been supporting it via this forum for a couple of years, but that's about to finish. It seems the Wiki link has closed down or the link is broken, but guys, time is up anyway!

Either move over to UNA or find an alternative before it's too late. In all fairness, they gave us enough time to do something, so we can't complain.

PM me if you need help.

Quote · 24 Apr 2023

Hey Johnk42, thanks so much.

I finally got it, moving on.

question, do we still own full rights of the modules and can it

be installed on other software?

Creative Progressive Progression
Quote · 25 Apr 2023

Yes to all. 

Quote · 25 Apr 2023

Hey Johnk42, thanks so much.

I finally got it, moving on.

question, do we still own full rights of the modules and can it

be installed on other software?

He said the modules won't work from dolphin 7 to una so I don't know why he is saying "yes to all"

Quote · 18 Sep 2023

I have paid several licenses for dolphin and I cannot upgrade, the download pages for the patch are no longer available. 

This is a mess

Go with wordpress and its plugins, I been using both dolphin and wordpress and wordpress plugin members are still there. lots of free plugins and themes to use, I created more sites with wordpress for all niche websites and you can sell it on ebay, amazon make some money. advertise using youtube and twitter is the best. I will be only doing my major work with wordpress after this slap in my face purchasing 100 mods that cost 50 to 300 each just to have it thrown away a year or 2 later:( not going to be playing games no more, not going to waist my time and money no more to just host one domain with website without resell rights to help pay for some of it, lol.

Quote · 18 Sep 2023

He said the modules won't work from dolphin 7 to una so I don't know why he is saying "yes to all"

You didn't ask me about UNA. You asked about other software and yes, there is software that uses the modules. 

Quote · 19 Sep 2023

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.