Is Dolphin.Pro easy for non-developers?

Dolphin.Pro is designed with one simple idea in mind - anyone should be able to manage it. 

We understand that not everyone is a developer or web-designer. It surely helps to have some technical skills, but Dolphin.Pro is all about empowering idea-people. And that often means non-techies. 

So, we have created a really powerful Administration panel, that allows you to customise and mange Dolphin.Pro site without any programming or design skills. Everything is configurable through Admin Panel. 

Perhaps the most technically involved stage is the initial installation. And even then, you don't have to do it yourself. When you choose one of our Recommended Hosting providers, they generally offer pre-installed or auto-installable Dolphin.Pro. 

Once installed, Dolphin.Pro is really easy to manage. No need for IT diploma!

Quote · 28 Aug 2015

So far, I have to agree. 

Most CMS's offer a lot of hype about simplicity and power, but from everything I can determine so far, Dolphin actually appears to operate as touted... it's not just marketing, it's actual performance!

That said, there may be one small hitch in the giddyup.  Does anyone know of a [preferably multiple to choose from] host provider that offers 1click Dolphin updates?  That's probably the biggest area I can see where things might be streamlined - updates.

Also, is there a way to restrict access to [or take offline] my online Dolphin site until ready for public viewing?

Thanks

DivineArc

Quote · 5 Jan 2016

Also, is there a way to restrict access to [or take offline] my online Dolphin site until ready for public viewing?

There is a mod in the market that will allow you to put the site into maintenance mode; you can continue to work on it but no one will be able to access the site.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Jan 2016

host provider that offers 1click Dolphin updates?

This is not really possible with the way Dolphin updates are handled.  You can find hosts that will offer to do the updates for you as part of the hosting package.

Quote · 5 Jan 2016

Thanks a bunch Geek_girl for both helps. 

I think I'll do some searching for that module you're talking about.  Also will ck with current host on next ver update to see if they'll handle it.  (Actually a single version update may not be that bad.  It's just the multiple version jumps that can begin to tax productivity.)

In meantime, I think hiding the menu and blocks from guess will suffice.

Thanks for responding

DivineArc

Quote · 5 Jan 2016

In meantime, I think hiding the menu and blocks from guess will suffice.

The Page Access Control module (included boonex module) will allow you to block viewing of pages so no need to block individual blocks.

Quote · 5 Jan 2016

Super!

Maybe have to change your name to super_girl instead of geek_girl... or super_geek_girl.

...Thanks for getting back once again GG.  Yes, it works great (although for some reason, only way I could hide site on initial landing [home page] was to hide blocks [maybe because home page], but then when clicking on a home link after arriving, page was not accessible.  So home was accessible on initial landing but after that when clicking on a home link, it was not accessible.

Anyway, I think maybe it was because it was the initial landing page why you had to hide the blocks - all the other pages hid with minimal effort. 

But probably the biggest takeaway, is that you can do so much more with the PAC.  It really adds to the power and flexibility of designers.  This is something I'll be using in multiple areas for multiple purposes.  I think it was good addition to the standard package.

Gotta run, but thanks for the support

DivineArc

Quote · 6 Jan 2016

Hi divinearc

If you want to hide the site while you're developing it why not just design your own simple splash page which will inform people what is coming soon? there are many free web developer tools which offer easy to build templates.

One thing to remember is that your site will only be as good as your hosting package will allow it to be. Boonex do provide a list of Recommended Hosting providers but be aware that even some of these will offer much and deliver little. My advice would be to steer well clear of Hostforweb and Hostupon as i found them worse than useless and go straight to Zarconia as their knowledge of Dolphin is imho second to none and their support is excellent.

Ed

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 6 Jan 2016

ThaEd,

Thanks much for the info, I will sincerely consider this when selecting permanent host. 

RE: Splash page

If you're referring to a type of under construction coming soon page, I created that.  Only thing, must have made an error of sort because just got a blank white space instead of site info when pulled up site.

Not sure how that happened.  Made an index.html file and changed the index directory in .htaccess to index.html vs index.php.  But that's when I got the blank all white screen.

So went back to index.php

Anyway, If I'm missing something would welcome the pointers.

Thanks Again

Quote · 6 Jan 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.