Is it possible to have a different design per modu

hi,

I want to have a slightly different design per module. Is this possible?

Is it enough to place a css inside modules/boonex/blogs/templates/tmpl_MYTEMPLATE ?

Thanks

Quote · 12 Oct 2017

Yes, for example, if you want to make changes in modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/css/post.css file, in your custom template, then create the following file:

modules/boonex/wall/templates/tmpl_MYTEMPLATE/css/post.css

with the following content:

@import url(../../base/css/post.css);

.override-css-classes-here {
    with-custom:styles;
}

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 12 Oct 2017

I see.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That modification would apply to the blog post but the underneath divs would not change.

Is it possible to custom selectors like sys_main_content sys_main_page_width ..

Because I can see that it always loads generic css always (like general.css ...)

Quote · 12 Oct 2017

What AlexT is trying to do is to show you how you can override the template in the module and not worry about a Dolphin upgrade undoing everything.  Of course as a sys-admin you should be aware of every change you do on your site and know if an upgrade will cause a problem.

If you need to change a class that is outside of the module you can add it to the module and it will use it.  CSS is a hierarchal operation.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 Oct 2017

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That modification would apply to the blog post but the underneath divs would not change.

You can try to override general styles in Blog or Videos modules' CSS files, but keep in mind that some modules CSS files are included when module's block is placed on the page. So if you place Blog posts block on Homepage and you have modified Blogs modules CSS then Homepage could be changed as well.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 14 Oct 2017

You can try to override general styles in Blog or Videos modules' CSS files, but keep in mind that some modules CSS files are included when module's block is placed on the page. So if you place Blog posts block on Homepage and you have modified Blogs modules CSS then Homepage could be changed as well.

There are ways around this as well.  Remember that CSS is hierarchal.  You could also just load in custom CSS for the blog page only.  As I said, you need to keep a list of changes so that if you upgrade, you know what needs to be added back.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Oct 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.