Just Upgraded 1st problem

Hi , I just upgraded from 0005 and it seems to have gone ok apart form when I access the groups page I get this error on the top of the page:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.guzzitube.com/groups/orca/?action=group_last_topics&forum=Stralia&trans=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in /guzzitube.com/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php on line 419

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /guzzitube.com/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php:419) in /guzzitube.com/public_html/inc/design.inc.php on line 495

ooops...............

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

Turns out this was the least of my problems

1)could not access members under admin--> users -->members , sql query error (copy of error emailed to boonex support)

2)could not access members from main control panel - sql query error - as above

3)could not get the video player registered despite reloading the new files into xml folder of the video player and re-registering umpteen times

4) top banner obscured user log in pop-up so no-one could log in

eventually gave up and restored my backed-up 6.0.0005

What files would I need to edit to create the 6.0.0005 site in a new folder and new database so that I could apply the upgrade and subsequent fixes without having any downtime? Once I was happy with the upgrade I would re-direct to the new folder?

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

Thanks Boonex and thanks particularly to Leonid for his prompt reply (considering that I emailed boonex support on Saturday evening and got the reply monday am - not bad at all).

I've had a lot worse from big so called "reputable" companies...............

Getting the database error turned out to be dolphin using the incorrect profiles.php file, Leonid sent me a replacement file- fantastic guys, you get slated on the forums all too often and I think in most cases , a little hastily.

Cool

Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Hope it works out for you. Upgrading can be simple or a nightmare, you never know what is going to happen until you take a dip into it.

On a side note Leonid would that be the meteor shower? I don't know I remember reading something about them. I don't know much about them or even how to spell them but it might be.

At any rate good luck to you hope it works out well for you.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Check whether you host has not restricted the functions for file operations.

----
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.