Long term projection...Dolphin, Una, or others

Hello All,

I will keep this short. Due to recent discussion, I want to start this thread to have honest and professional opinion. I have been a member of this community since 2011 and have gone through several major updates of Dolphin. I chose Dolphin back in 2011 because it was full of features, tons of addons developed by third parties, and constant present of Boonex Team. Since the discussion of Dolphin 8 and the birth of Una.io, I am skeptical of the commitment of the developer. All the steps taken by the developer so far shows very little effort toward Dolphin.Pro. One tiny area is the current three templates provided by Boonex are a joke (unprofessional...sorry!) comparing to modern UI. Even addon third party templates provides way better UI. Quite frankly, if you examine both platforms, they both have similar features. Even login to UNA you see "Please Wait" which is exactly like Dolphin.Pro. I have so much more to say but will stop here.

I strongly believed "a captain can not steer two ships". I have invested too much into Dolphin.Pro but in an event in the near future if I chose to depart this platform what other platform have any of you worked with. My research so far came back with three potential replacement. I am looking for someone that have experienced with these platforms to provide professional opinion (bias or unbias). I understand all platforms including Una.io and Dolphin will have bugs so please provide opinion based on UI, coding framework, flexibility in edit codes, developer support, features availability, numbers of addons, etc.

The three I am looking at are:

- JomSocial

- PhpFox

- Social Engine

Thank you,

Henry

Quote · 24 Aug 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.