Looking for some fun in the next few months :P

I dealt with a lot of foo the past few years with my health, circumstances, and to be honest just life things. I'm back...again...and poking around. I joined the BoonEx community about a decade ago and have seen it transform. I have stories and boy it's been a wild ride.

I'm back because I'm excited about UNA. I haven't felt that excited about something in a while. That being said, I STILL use Dolphin for a lot of private networks and even internal business apps. Dolphin will always have a special place in my heart. I've got a big heart and it thumps for UNA. See where this goes.

Evolving is never easy and sometimes it hurts. It takes effort, time, expense, and knowing that we will never know everything.

What am I saying? (and thanks for reading this far)...I'm not actually sure. What I am sure of is I will be producing and picking up where I left off with BoonEx. I've got the circumstances and hope to continue the journey again.

I see some of the veterans and a lot of new ones. Cheers and hello everyone!

...sip...

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

You were a great contributor to the Dolphin community and I learned from reading your stuff.

However, I have been working with UNA since they dusted off Dolphin 8 code and changed it to UNA; let's just forget about the first name issue.  If Andrew would listen to the community we might could clean up the mess of UNA and make it something.  As it stands now, it is a horrible mess.  It is just....   I think horrible mess sums it up quite well.

If all the money and time spent on UNA had been spent on Dolphin, we would be so much more along with Dolphin to improving an already great platform.  Who knows, we might be using Dolphin 10 now; the great Leap.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Hey JT - I recently decided to start over again myself a couple months ago after taking a couple years off. When I decided to come back, I reviewed both Dolphin and UNA before making a decision on what I wanted my new project to be based on. 

Based on my own conclusions, I decided to go with UNA as well. To me, it seemed more like the type of platform I was looking for than Dolphin for my new project. So far, I have been very pleased with my experience with it. As with anything, starting over new takes some time yes, but it isn't that difficult to figure out and create a website that suits your needs. I wish you the best of luck!

GeekGirl - I have seen several negative posts regarding UNA that you have made. I get that you personally may not like the platform and that is completely fine but for some, they do like it better than Dolphin. I wouldn't go as far as calling either product 'Perfect', but both have the ability to do what you want depending on your own needs. After playing around with it for a couple of months, I have found it to be quite easy to make it do what I want it to. I guess your experience has not been so great. 

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Thanks for the reply and comments. I'm going over some of the UNA docs and also updating some of my Dolphin mods from previous. A lot the no longer apply but for custom stuff, I'm keeping those. 

@Zarcon, I know where you're coming from but I have some sentiments similar to @GeekGirl. The reality is that it's not my circus and I'm not the ring master. I'm just one of the monkeys that make stuff...lol... Anyway, great to see things are at least moving forward.

Quote · 9 Sep 2018

But the ringside audience who pay for tickets have the right to cheer or boo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 9 Sep 2018

But the ringside audience who pay for tickets have the right to cheer or boo.

True enough. So are you cheering or boo'ing these days? I remember back in the early days it was pretty rough. Things are much better and when you consider you're saving tens and thousands of dollars of development cost using UNA or Dolphin as a starting point, I think there's more to cheer about than boo. Again just my thoughts as I am also a programmer that has developed their own social media platform and decided upon Dolphin back in 2008 as a starting point.

Whatever the case, civil and constructive dialog is always welcomed. It's what can help make things better. Unfortunately, in the past I've had to moderate some nasty mud-slinging and that really gets us to nowheresville.

Cheer, boo, or choo? lol

Quote · 9 Sep 2018

Some days I cheer, some days I boo, but overall I chew; while finding new ways to get the baby elephant to do what I want it to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 9 Sep 2018

Geek-Girl is right.

Una does not match the expectations of developers to create a new site and monetize it.

We will stay on Dolphin and wait for positive developments.

Otherwise, we will have to leave to use another CMS.

We have no other choice.

Please listen to your customers!

Quote · 9 Sep 2018

I too was gone for an extended period and have recently returned. I checked out UNA with my son and we just didnt like it for what we are working on. Maybe one day we will create a site with UNA for one of his test projects - but for now - we are sticking to the Dolphin.

caredesign.net
Quote · 10 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.