Lost Admin?

Hi folks. I installed Dolphin 6.1 on my site 7/5/08. Everything went well, and I tested the site several times during that week both from the admin panel and as a member with two accounts I set-up. All was well though I got busy with other pursuits and haven't done anything new with the site until I tried to enter the admin today.

I have gotten a periodic report for every day since 7/5 up to today. I got error messages on two days - 7/27 and 8/4 and both were for a lost connection to the DB during a query. I checked the DB today and it checks out ok, no errors.

On the day I installed Dolphin, I took a screen-shot of my actual settings for the admin name and password so I wouldn't need to rely on my fading memory, but as I've tried everything I might have used, along with the actual from the screen-shot I can not get access into the admin. 

Any suggestions? (I can post the 2 DB error reports if you want, just say the word.)

Thanks and Best Regards,

William

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

you can just go into the dbase and change the password. you will need to get you a hashed password. i use this site frequently as users tend to lose their passwords on others site as well.

Md5 Hash Creator

Regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 6 Sep 2008

you can just go into the dbase and change the password. you will need to get you a hashed password. i use this site frequently as users tend to lose their passwords on others site as well.

Md5 Hash Creator

Regards,
DosDawg

Thank you for your reply. As I followed your instruction I found my error - I had my login as 14 characters and then found that the DB only recognized  the first 10 characters of my original login. Thanks very much DosDawg, for your help.

Best Regards,

William

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.