Man Of Teal update - feedback please

Man Of Teal gaming site has been online almost one year now and I thought I'd do an update and get some feedback.

Memberships have grown at a steady pace and still growing. We now have about 800 members currently.

Not all are still active but most do come back eventually as the game, OpenRCT2, is still a work in progress.

https://manofteal.com/page/about

Looking at the images on the site in the albums submitted by players, those rides/attraction of the amusement parks are built TILE BY TILE, it's amazing to watch the construction happening live on the game servers.

I now operate 4/5 games servers according to building skills.

Source is on Github

https://github.com/OpenRCT2 

They do need the original game to play this version.

For those that still don't like UNA you need to reconsider it if your not running a dating site.

The more I work with UNA, I Love it more!

server list.JPG · 256.7K · 520 views
mot ytd2.JPG · 131.1K · 560 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 22 May 2017

I am working with a few people with UNA; including getting it working on an Nginx server.  I am still not a big fan of the platform; especially the backend interface which I think should have been scrapped when UNA evolved from Dolphin 8. 

So what do you feel are the advantages to using UNA over Dolphin Pro?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 May 2017

So what do you feel are the advantages to using UNA over Dolphin Pro?

First off, the simplicity for the end user.

The site only has what we need. Albums, events, forum, and the conversation/messenger.

The groups module is installed but really not needed for my setup, as I use the organisations module for "server groups" which I modified simply by changing the language keys.

I do like the studio, simple again. For me, I don't do support for sites anymore I spend time working, got a big promotion, this site and the gaming servers keeps me busy enough.

I still use DP for some sites I have left. I'm waiting for it all to merge to be honest.

Number one is waiting for someone to start developing templates or Andrew would make a how to using the "Mix" in the Protean template.

Quote · 23 May 2017

I am still not a big fan of the platform; especially the backend interface

Well think about it this way, for me, I have some site admins that only use the Accounts module from studio the interface.

Confirming members is done via those players, not me.

Feedback from them it's easy, they take care of the "reported" post/media.. 

Not so good feedback from the same when they were shown the back-end of DP.

I gave the members an option to move to DP or stay with the current format.

Quote · 23 May 2017

For an example...

DP:

Whenever someone uploads a file, it may be 40MB or 4GB.

Whenever someone uploads a photo, it may be 8MB or 1GB.

Whenever someone uploads a video, it may be 32MB or 2GB

Up to 10 files, 10 photos, 10 videos.

Up to 20 files, 100 photos, 20 videos.

UNA:

Whenever someone uploads something, it may be 8MB or 4GB.

Up to 200MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 10GB, 50GB.

UNA's Media Storage Limitation which is more modern and fair-for-all.

Dolphin's Numbers of 'File', 'Photo', 'Video' Limitation which generates unknown quantity and not-fair-for-all.

Quote · 24 May 2017

Number one is waiting for someone to start developing templates or Andrew would make a how to using the "Mix" in the Protean template.

Have not yet to see third-party templates.

Using "Mix" in Protean and Decorous templates are quite easy.

Quote · 24 May 2017

Decorous templates

Can you PM me a demo link?

Using "Mix" in Protean

I've used it, just need more information. But like everything Boonex, you have to learn it for yourself.

Quote · 24 May 2017

Demo

https://una.io/?skin=decorous

When creating a new mix, basically a copy from system or neat mix. Naming a new mix like Protean Light, Protean Dark, Protean Teal or word of your choice. Change colour, font, image, shadow, size, etc... the things normally done in CSS files are in one place in 'Styles' page.

Andrew, perhaps screenshots with highlight or something of what those fields are. This way noobs would visually see what they are.

Quote · 24 May 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.