Map privacy doesn't work, and zip code edition

Hi, I'm using newest update of 7.1, and I have 2 major problems with profiles map, i didn't check ads and other modules yeat

- first problem is that whenever you gone set your location to be seen only by you in privacy options, map is still showing everybody your location

- second if u add a zip code and wane change it in profile edition it won't be changed on the map

I think this 2 are major problems if you offering quality service, i'm asking my users to put zip code when thy registering with information on the site that they can hide it form others right after. Plus somebody did the mystake putting his postcode he can't change it. Instead of new york he's shown in china and he can't edit it. Please help me out, I'm sure others are interested in this too.

Quote · 12 Nov 2012

- first problem is that whenever you gone set your location to be seen only by you in privacy options, map is still showing everybody your location

Location privacy is the same as content view privacy, it means if somebody can view profile - then they can see location as well. However particularly for Profiles - location block can be hidden by user, but it won't hide location from common map. Also common map display only Public locations not any private locations.

- second if u add a zip code and wane change it in profile edition it won't be changed on the map

Location can be changed manually, this is the reason it is updated only the first time - usually during content creation (in case of profiles - user joins the site). If we update location every time user edits their content - then the location which is set manually will be lost!

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 13 Nov 2012

Thank you very much for answer. Second thing yea, I understand.

About first problem - so one time added zipcode(location on the map) can be only changed, you can't hided or turn it off temporally in any way? you would need to delete the whole profile? Is that right? (beside hiding the whole profile like you said)

and i'm not catching this  "Also common map display only Public locations not any private locations. " ??? What do you mean? I didn't know there is public and private locations on the map, could you explain please

and little thing on the end, if after first time zip code and map location aren't coordinated between each other any more whats the sens of changing post code? if zip is chosen by administrator to be shown to other users on the profiles they expect map to show them location of this post code, I just don't see the sens of having this post code after first time typing. From the user point of view - if he see for example New York post code ,he's from New York and map is showing china location (because owner didn't changed, because he forgot.... or give fake one... can be 100reasons) ,he can be thinking that site isn't working like it should. I just don't understand what's the sens of having different post code and location on the map, maybe I'm just an idiot :) but please tell me

If we update location every time user edits their content - then the location which is set manually will be lost- it should be like that you editing the post code, your location is changing (auto) you editing the location on the map, your post code changes (auto). Why? why should somebody want different post code and location on the map? Even in profiles for companies I see no sens at all in this :):):) Coordination between this two informatons is why its so cool, why it's so usefull,  you see profile ,clicking map  - boom, you find company ,clicking map -boom  The way it is now  - i see profile info its different than info on the map     or         I'm clicking icon on the map and the info in profile says different address information     :)  like for me no sens to check either

Quote · 13 Nov 2012

Dude can't stop thinkin about it :)    What's the sens of hiding box with map in your profile if everybody can see you on the map.

Now IMPORTANT thing, im asking my users for real name surname and address with post code, this is information for me as a company, confidential personal details, but with system we have in dolphin this is forcing user to show everybody where he lives or its forcing me, as a company, not to take whole details from user just to give him a bit of privacy. I think this is very important and most of the legit firms do take the full address, but I never seen one publishing this info on the map. It is so sad for me as I'm a very big fun of dolphin New version suppose to guarantee the high position on the market and with all this chatting about coordinated maps etc the most basic option is missing - Turn on/ Turn off my location on the map. It's so simple, first hing im thinking about as user, igive my details and i wane have a control what i wane show to the public, with current set up  i have only choice to be a "ghost" (nobody can't see me) or give everybody my real address info.

Quote · 13 Nov 2012

The other case - to reset profile location every time - is not an option too, however I can provide easy modification on how to do it, let me know if you need it.

If you don't want to share location at all - then I suggest to disable common maps, then locations maps will be in appropriate modules only.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 14 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.