Maximum size of uploaded video

In Dolphin there is a predifined value of '150' for maximum size of uploaded video. Is this value bytes or Kbytes, and doe's the setting of the value stop the uploading when the limit is reached?

Quote · 2 Jul 2008

can you take me a screenshot or tell me where you are seeing such a setting? maximum size of upoad? Max Upload Size for Media Titles

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

your upload sizes are specified in ray for videos and audios, but the determining factor in those settings are what is in your servers php.ini.

hit me up if you need further assistance.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

This is the predifined values -

Max lenght of media file..................150

Min lenght of title for media file........1

Max widht of profile icon (in pixels)...45

Are those values bytes or Kbytes?

Quote · 4 Jul 2008

Hi, I can't see all of the screencapture but it seem's that the values are the same. In the upper field the value is 150

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

The value for a video upload would be in MB's. If the video is too large, the system should throw an error & the video will not be uploaded. (though it may look like it has been, it hasn't - it will not play)(reload the page and the video listing will go away)

I think DosDawg was trying to explain that if you cannot increase the value for video uploads in your admin section, (e.g. it changes in the admin section, but doesn't increase in reality), you will have to edit your php.ini folder located on your server. I had to do this myself since my host had it set very low. If you can't access your servers root, you will have to contact your host to get it adjusted for you.

*props & cyber thanks to gameutopia for all of the help with this* Laughing

PC

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Hi, I can't see all of the screencapture but it seem's that the values are the same. In the upper field the value is 150

the screen capture is for title lengths, and that would be in bytes. just to touch on what theguypc has said. if you are referring to your max_upload size, this is in fact a php.ini setting but you can in some circumstances increase this through your .htaccess file.

if you are on a shared hosting environment, then you may have to try the php_flag to increase your max_upload size. if you are on a vps or dedicated box, you can change those settings on the global php.ini. if you need further help than that campo, just hit me up, and i will see if i can help you.

just a further note, in the admin of dolphin there are no settings on anything above 6.0 that control the max_upload size. in ray there is a setting for how large the max file can be, but as pc stated, this actually does nothing if the settings are too low in php.ini. and just so you are aware, the standard default setting of 2mb is what you find on most servers when they are fresh installation. but the error would be coming to you via of ray when you were trying to upload something, so you would know specifically that you had a problem with your max_upload size.

hope this helps out.

later,

DosDawg

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

This is the predifined values -

Max lenght of media file..................150

Min lenght of title for media file........1

Max widht of profile icon (in pixels)...45

Are those values bytes or Kbytes?

This is the size of the title of the file you are uploading. They can enter up to a 150 character title for the current upload.

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

THANK'S ALL.

DosDawg, mention that "in ray there is a setting for how large the max file can be" . Do I edit a file on the VPS server for this as well as the php.ini file? 

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

THANK'S ALL.

DosDawg, mention that "in ray there is a setting for how large the max file can be" . Do I edit a file on the VPS server for this as well as the php.ini file?

no its not a file, but in your video player and music player, there is, or was, i should say, so let me go look at 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 so i can ascertain that. i will be back on that campethomedia.

later,

DosDawg

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

campe,

i came up with a couple of images that i hope are clear, as well as added text annotations to them.

Music Player Settings In Ray

Pmusic Player Settings in Ray

Video Recorder Settings In Ray

Video Player Settings In Ray

i sure hope this has shed some light on what you are looking for. if you need further help with this please come back and let us know, we are here to get you situated with your new social networking web site.

later,
DosDawg

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.