Members Secretary

Does anyone know if there is a module that allows a member to designate a "secretary" from their friends list?

The secretary will be given permissions to perform certain actions on behalf of the member. These actions will be set by the member and not accessable to the secretary.

The reason for this is to stop the sharing of passwords between trusted friends.

Quote · 12 Aug 2016

The Login as Member module allows members to assign moderators (or secretaries) who can login to their Profile (without knowing password) and perform actions as needed.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 12 Aug 2016

Can that be adjusted so that they can sign in but NOT be able to change everything except where they are given permission? Actions list check boxes as Admins do for setting membership levels?

Quote · 12 Aug 2016

That is not possible to achieve from a module. You would need to make a number of core file changes for that.

Can that be adjusted so that they can sign in but NOT be able to change everything except where they are given permission? Actions list check boxes as Admins do for setting membership levels?

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 12 Aug 2016

I'll have to think about that option and how important to me it is.

Quote · 13 Aug 2016

I did something similar a few years ago for a project. In my case, I have one psychiatric practice that has multiple psychiatrists that work in that one office. But there are only 2 secretaries that handle things for all of the providers. Although in my case, it was client records that needed to be edited - same principle can still be applied, I think.

Example - profile edit page.

Create a membership called secretary - this will allow you to use the page access controls to designate which pages, blocks/forms the secretary can access.

Create a new profile edit page with form that the secretary can access - be sure to add a dropdown select field that lists the members that the secretary has been assigned to. This allows a secretary to modify info for multiple members. As an example - a dentists office that has one secretary that handles things for 2 different dentists. Secretary can update profile for either dentist.

Upon selecting member and submitting form, the appropriate profile should be edited - provided your sql statements are correct.

This is just a quick explaination. We can get into specifics if need be.

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Aug 2016

An interesting solution. I've a bit on my plate at the moment but I'll come back to this.

Quote · 15 Aug 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.