Memberships

Right now people trying to join the community but none can.  It seems they get stuck in a loop of asking questions and even with they finish they have no membership, and I do not see that they have tried.  How do I fix this?

Quote · 26 May 2018

It's almost impossible to answer questions like this with so little information. As it hasn't been asked before to my knowledge, it sounds like it's unique to your site. Thus, there could be a million reasons.

People can find themselves in an endless loop if they fail to answer mandatory questions. For example, if you have set the age limit to (say) 21 and a person is entering an age younger than that, the form can't be completed. It will bounce back to the beginning but show a little red exclamation mark alongside the problem field. It's up to the potential member to fix this. If they hover their mouse over the exclamation mark, a message explaining the problem will appear. I think this is ok but some people just fail to see the exclamation mark.

Make sure you're not bombarding them with too many questions. I like to keep it basic and let them fill in the details once they're a member.

Don't make too many questions mandatory.

If that's not the problem:

Have you created a test site on your server and does the problem occur there as well?
Have you made any modifications to your site? Even modifications in another area could cause this.

Quote · 26 May 2018

Hello hrasheed!

There are not so many things to add to the nice posts of johnk42. You need to describe your situation with more details. As we may see now - seems your users can't pass the registration stage. So the reason may be in the leaving some required fields as was mentioned above. But this is just a suggestion.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 29 May 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.