Missing "Bold" and Italic formatting in Blog posts

Hi Boonex experts -

I can add content to my Dolphin 7.3.3 Blog post and I will see the Bold, Italic, UL, etc. formatting in the Editor, but it all goes away in the actual post.

Could you give me any idea of what's happening? I have a custom theme designed by BSE Tech - should I look there to see what's going on? It appears that styles are not applied to my content in all areas of the site, including some of the modules I purchased from Modzzz, like Ultimate News and Ultimate Articles. The <strong> and <li> tags show up in the source code when viewing the page, but it's not displayed in Firefox or Chrome.

The site is http://autismanimated.com

Your help is greatly appreciated.

CHOPS

Quote · 3 Feb 2017

I would suggest to switch to the default EVO or UNI template, if the problem will go away, then the problem is in the template, report this problem to the template author.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

Seems kind of extreme. Completely backup the site, switch to a the default template, test and then restore the template, so I can report to the template author? Aren't there any other tests? Is no one else reporting this problem on their sites?

Quote · 4 Feb 2017

Seems kind of extreme. Completely backup the site, switch to a the default template, test and then restore the template, so I can report to the template author? Aren't there any other tests? Is no one else reporting this problem on their sites?

Not at all, switching templates is non destructive; it will not remove any content or formatting.  You switch the template, view the site and see if the formatting is correct.  The problem could be that the theme is overwriting the format of the blog posts.  I suggest switching to the UNI template as it is the most basic.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

And no, you don't need to backup your site just to switch templates; although you should have regular backups of your site and database.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

Thanks, I will give it a go. I did contact the theme developer - BSE Tech to ask them to look into it. We'll run this test and share what happens.

I appreciate your input. CHOPS

Quote · 4 Feb 2017

I've made a full backup of the site - and I'm looking for instructions on switching templates to UNI. I couldn't find anything in the Dolphin support or forum, or in the menus. Would you mind helping with this please?

Quote · 5 Feb 2017

I would be very appreciative of some help with this - a link to a document or forum thread or something, please!

How do I switch the template from my current custom template to the UNI template?

Thanks, CHOPS

Quote · 6 Feb 2017

OK - (a bit embarrassed) I found out how to change templates and you are right, it was so simple! I was a little worried that my custom template would never come back, but it did.

Anyway, regarding the problem, in the UNI template, I do see the text stylings that I want and they appear correctly on the Blog page. They go away when I switch back to my custom template, so apparently there is a defect in the custom template.

I will send messages to the template designer right now and see if they can fix it - the company BSE TEch provided the service and the template "Hope for Life" is what they customized for me.

Thanks, folks and have a good day,

CHOPS

Quote · 6 Feb 2017

I found a little help in a very old thread, with assistance from Houston Lively.

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Stripping-Out-h1-b-Tags-b-h1-.htm

I made changes to flexnav.css which seemed to help. This appears to be isolated to templates created by BSE Tech that use flexnav.

CHOPS

Quote · 7 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.