Module Documentation

I know I must be missing this one somehow because I know no one would include a boat load of modules like Boonex has and not add a sentence of documentation for any of them. So far I've just been enabling them one by one and trying to hunt them down, then trying to figure out what they do and how they do it.

Where do I go to learn how to set up the modules then operate them?

Quote · 29 Dec 2016

Ask any questions you have here in the forums.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Dec 2016

OK,

Wall is present in the modules/boonex directory but doesn't show up in the modules list in the admin area.

Do  you know what Chat+ has over the standard Chat?

Desktop fails when I try to install it but there appears to be a desktop app running at the bottom of the screen by default.

Can't figure out what Dolphin Connect does.  Installed it but can't find it.

What does facebook connect do?

Thanks for the help!

Quote · 30 Dec 2016

Wall is present in the modules/boonex directory but doesn't show up in the modules list in the admin area. - this is also known as the Timeline or Outline (I have no idea why different names are used).

Do  you know what Chat+ has over the standard Chat? - chat + is actually rocketchat, but has been modified to allow easier connection with a Dolphin based site. The regular Chat as well as the messenger - are all flash applications, whereas CHat+ isnt. Flash is slowly falling by the way side and a lot of devices do not support it anymore. But, since Chat+ is not Flash, it works a lot better - but still a little limited.

Desktop fails when I try to install it but there appears to be a desktop app running at the bottom of the screen by default. - what you see at the bottom is known as the "member menu". If the Desktop module is failing - click the little arrow to the far right and it should open up and show what the reason for not installing is.

Can't figure out what Dolphin Connect does.  Installed it but can't find it. Dolphin Connect allows users who are members on one dolphin based site - to login to another dolphin based site with a click of a button (provided certain things are set up on both sites). If you log out of your site, and then click Join - you should see a Button for Dolphin Connect. It works the same as Facebook Connect pretty much.

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Dec 2016

Wall is present in the modules/boonex directory but doesn't show up in the modules list in the admin area.

Wall is the name of the module but that does not show up in the Admin as such  Wall does two things, provide the Outline block on the home page and your friend's timeline on the account page.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Dec 2016

"Desktop fails when I try to install it but there appears to be a desktop app running at the bottom of the screen by default. - what you see at the bottom is known as the "member menu". If the Desktop module is failing - click the little arrow to the far right and it should open up and show what the reason for not installing is."

It's obvious what a greenhorn I am but with your help my pessimism is starting to fade :)

I got Desktop to install but don't see where it is. Can you point me in the right direction? 

Quote · 30 Dec 2016

Hi There,

I'm new to Dolphin as well.. Ive worked with every CMS out there over the last 20 years.  Im really liking Dolphin but there are some serious basic UserEX/Admin issues.. Really basic stuff.  Like this thread.

No idea what these modules do, how to use them, if I need them etc.

A link from the module admin to info about the module would be a very simple and great option.. Even if it links to the Wiki Docs so advanced users and Boonex staff could start filling it out.

Regards

Ad

Quote · 24 Jun 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.