Modzzz Modules Not Working in 7.4.2?

I tried to add several of Modzzz' modules into a fresh install of v7.4.2 and When I try to install them, the result  is a blank white page.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Quote · 5 May 2019

If you read through recent posts, I think enough has been said to suggest you don't bother upgrading if you're using third party modules. One exception may be those offered by AntonLV.

Modzzz seems to have fallen victim of the Dolphin Legacy debacle and little wonder.

Just stick with 7.3.5 until it's all sorted. PHP 5.6 works just fine.

Quote · 6 May 2019

I do know that Modzzz went through his modules for 7.4.x; I think I saw some saying compatible for 7.4.1; I haven't looked at all of them.  However, this latest dolphin upgrade to fix a security hole for XSS injection; a serious condition, could have introduced other problems.  Normally if I saw a module listed as compatible for 7.4.1 and a security patch released to 7.4.2 I would guess the module would be compatible.

You didn't list which modules.  Have you contacted Modzzz?

I really think that all Dolphin 7.4.x releases should be pulled.  Put a revised 7.4.0 back in Beta and lets see if the bugs can be worked out.  Tomorrow I am going to do something I don't want to do; I am going to attempt an upgraded from 7.3.5 for a client that has reported it failed when he attempted the upgrade.  Hopefully it will go well and was just something he did wrong.  However, seems reports are filtering in that even Dolphin 7.4.2 has issues.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 May 2019

Thanks for the response, geek_girl  Laughing

I wouldn't post here without contacting Modzzz first. I tried to contact him about a week ago - no response.  He's probably overwhelmed.

I do hope he updates his mods soon, my site is useless without them.

Quote · 6 May 2019

my Dolphin 7.4.2 is worthless without modzzz modules.

At the moment she is still running at 7.3.5

I had modzzz for 4 weeks contacted -

no Answer!

modzzz is not allowed to handle people that way

Quote · 7 May 2019

I certainly hope that Modzzz has not abandoned Dolphin but given the current atmosphere from Boonex and Andrew Boon I would not blame him if he has.

Quote · 7 May 2019

my Dolphin 7.4.2 is worthless without modzzz modules.

My site is, too.

Actually, Modzzz's modules are the *only* reason I've stuck with Dolphin for as long as I have.

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 7 May 2019

Ich hoffe natürlich, dass Modzzz Dolphin nicht aufgegeben hat, aber die aktuelle Atmosphäre von Boonex und Andrew.

if modzzz has big problems with Boonex and Andrew Boon,

for this should his many customers not suffer.

That's the wrong way.

Quote · 8 May 2019

Ich hoffe natürlich, dass Modzzz Dolphin nicht aufgegeben hat, aber die aktuelle Atmosphäre von Boonex und Andrew.

if modzzz has big problems with Boonex and Andrew Boon,

for this should his many customers not suffer.

That's the wrong way.

Well, it is not Modzzz that has the problem, it is Boonex and Andrew that is killing Dolphin to push their great new shiny crap known as UNA.

Quote · 8 May 2019

Give Modzzz some time; he is working on upgrades.  He told me tonight that one of the modules I was working with someone on is upgraded.  It takes time to upgrade some 200+ modules.  There is no rush to upgrade to Dolphin 7.4 actually; quit worrying about php 7; php 5.6 is not going to explode.

Quote · 8 May 2019

Hi Geek_Girl, if you're communicating with Modzzz, maybe you'd be kind enough to ask him when he plans to return my money that he's had for over a year and done nothing to earn it? I've asked and even offered Olive Branches, but all I get is silence.

Sadly he's become a person I no longer trust or respect and that's very sad. I know I'm not alone.

Quote · 8 May 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.