Mutual blocking of members

When one member blocks another I would prefer it to be a mutual block by default.

Example:

Member A blocks Member B from accessing their contents.

Automatically create Member B blocks Member A from accessing Member B's contents,

I'm sure it's not tricky, but I can't get my head around where I need to put the code to do the extra save to the sys_block_list. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thank you

Cust.

Quote · 14 Aug 2016

Or a switch to let one decide.  Also, a member has no way of knowing which members have blocked them.  I started to work on that so my members can see who has blocked them and return the favour.  However, I like your idea.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Aug 2016

You can't return the favour if they blocked you first (as far as I can tell). You can unblock someone from your blocked list so there is still a way to resolve matters. I'm not familiar enough with the way Dolphin works to implement it.

Quote · 14 Aug 2016

No, the member can block.  If member A blocks member B and then member B finds they have been blocked by A, member B can block A.  However, I like your idea of a mutual block, that makes sense.  When I have time I will look at making this change.  Remember you will have to make a note of the file because future upgrades will overwrite the change unless Boonex puts it into the code base.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Aug 2016

For mutual blocking, the following code change should work (I have not tested) :

In list_pop.php , Find :

$sOutputCode = MsgBox( _t('_User was added to block list') );

Just below, Add :

db_res("REPLACE INTO `sys_block_list` SET `ID` = '{$iMemberId}', `Profile` = '{$iProfileId}'");

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 15 Aug 2016

Thank you. I found that spot last night and implemented it before reading this morning. It does work. There are also a couple of places in customfunctions.inc.php in the chat module and BxDolCommunicator.php that I have modded as well for the mutual blocking.

It's all good! I'm slowly getting my head round how Dolphin does stuff.

Quote · 15 Aug 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.