My 1and1 VPS Server can't run Dolphin & Ray?

Presently I have a VPS server with 1and1 and I attempted through another Boonex expert group to install 2 Dolphin & Ray matchmaking sites on my 1and1 VPS server.  However, I was told that my 1and1 VPS server could not work with Dolphin & Ray.  In short, they encouraged me to go with their hosting site.  So, I got 2 hosting accounts.

But after months of paying for those 2 extra hosting accounts with this Dolphin group, I'm really wondering now "why" my 1and1 VPS Linux server was not compatible with Dolphin and Ray Suite?  I know of other Dolphin/Ray matchmaker sites at 1and1 using the same type of server I have.

Would it be too much to ask if anyone would mind looking at the specs for my 1and1 VPS II server package?  I hope this link works to show the server specs.  To me, it seems like it should work.

1and1 VPS Server,

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/VpsRoot;jsessionid=B13F1DEC1B8AD55821332F220FCF2752.TC61a?__frame=_top&__lf=Static

I'm very willing to pay for the move too.

I have no complaint whatsoever with the Dolphin people I'm hosting with now for my 2 matchmaker sites, they are a great bunch.  I just want to be able to save a few dollars as my sites are new and slowly growing and I have a VPS server underutilized.

Anyone familiar with 1and1 VPS servers?  I know of other Dolphin users running their matchmaker sites on their 1and1 VPS servers.  Why can't I? 

Any feedback would be appreciate.  Maybe after you read the VPS II specs at 1and1 you can tell me if it's impossible to run my 2 Dolphin & Ray sites or not?

Thank you so much for any suggestions or help.

Sincerely Yours.

Mark

Quote · 13 Nov 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.