NGINX setup for Dolphin

Hello

i use dolphin 7.1.5 need help for setup NGINX server

i try with tutorioal dolphin but come error 404 on module (photo,video,blog,forum...)

any help

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Are you loading the Dolphin rewrites into the server block?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

What is your skill level using Nginx?  What type of server are you on?

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

I use VPS

6 core,32 Ram 

panel PLESK 12.5

index work,news module work,members work

module photo,video,blog,forum... dont work 404 error

i use rewrite rules from boonex tutorial https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/TutorialHowToInstallDolphinOnNginx

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Is Nginx the direct webserver or are you using Nginx as a reverse proxy?

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

i use FPM appliaction served by nginx

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Since you decided to throw Plesk on the server you will have to work through how Plesk does things; you can not edit files outside of Plesk as it can cause issues.  I don't have the time to go out and research Nginx on Plesk; how Plesk handles Nginx hosts etc.  Here is the kicker for you, you are going to need someone that knows Nginx and how Plesk handles Nginx.

FYI, when you make changes in the Nginx server block, you will need to restart Nginx; Plesk may do that for you.  The changes in the server block has to be loaded when Nginx starts, so the need to restart Nginx.  When you make changes in php.ini, you don't need to restart Nginx, but you will need to restart PHP-FPM.  That may be done by Plesk as well.  You also have to set up the pools in PHP-FPM; again, Plesk may handle this automatically..

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

I use VPS

6 core,32 Ram 

panel PLESK 12.5

index work,news module work,members work

module photo,video,blog,forum... dont work 404 error

i use rewrite rules from boonex tutorial https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/TutorialHowToInstallDolphinOnNginx

did you carefully removed/edited "/path_to_dolphin/" when you added those to nginx config?

so much to do....
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Often when you get a 404 in Nginx, it is a gateway problem; Nginx is having an issue communicating with PHP-FPM but I am unsure if this is the case here.

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

I use PLESK 12.5

where insert rewrite rules?? 

i insert on domain APACHE & NGINX SETTINGS

setup with this tutorial https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/TutorialHowToInstallDolphinOnNginx dolphin dont work 

i have problem with FORUM,PHOTO,VIDEO,BLOG,ADS , when click on forum menu > PAGE NOT FOUND

can someone send a complete file that is made rewrite rules ?

Quote · 30 Jan 2016

The rewrite rules are added to the server block.  You can use an include or you could just paste them into the server block. 

How does Plesk handle Nginx and PHP-FPM?  You need someone that understand Nginx on Plesk.  Now, if you just had a server without Plesk, I could advise you.  Normally control panels take over the control of editing files and such and you don't edit config files directly; in fact, on some control panels, editing config files directly can make a big mess of things.

All the searches I done about Nginx and Plesk is about running Nginx as a reverse proxy.

Quote · 30 Jan 2016

The rewrite rules are added to the server block.  You can use an include or you could just paste them into the server block. 

How does Plesk handle Nginx and PHP-FPM?  You need someone that understand Nginx on Plesk.  Now, if you just had a server without Plesk, I could advise you.  Normally control panels take over the control of editing files and such and you don't edit config files directly; in fact, on some control panels, editing config files directly can make a big mess of things.

All the searches I done about Nginx and Plesk is about running Nginx as a reverse proxy.

i need only rewrite rule i know where insert

IS this?

location  {

index  index.html index.htm index.php;

# rewrite rules goes here

# blogs rewrite

rewrite "^/blogs[/]{0,1}$"   /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php last;        rewrite "^/blogs/all[/]{0,1}$"  /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all last;

rewrite "^/blogs/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/top[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs last;        rewrite "^/blogs/top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/top_posts[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts last;

rewrite "^/blogs/top_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/tag/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/tag[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey= last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/tag/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$2&ownerName=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/entry/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/entry[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri= last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName= last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2&page=$4&per_page=$3 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/home[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=home last;

rewrite "^/blogs/all_posts[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts last;

rewrite "^/blogs/all_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$"   /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/popular_posts[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts last;

rewrite "^/blogs/popular_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$"   /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/featured_posts[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=featured_posts last;

rewrite "^/blogs/tags[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=tags last;

rewrite "^/blogs/show_calendar[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_calendar last;

rewrite "^/blogs/my_page[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=main last;

rewrite "^/blogs/my_page/add[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=add last;

rewrite "^/blogs/my_page/manage[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=manage last;

rewrite "^/blogs/my_page/pending[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=pending last;

rewrite "^/blogs/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=edit_post&EditPostID=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/member_posts/([0-9]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerID=$1 last;

rewrite "^/blogs/category/([^/.]+)[/]{0,1}$" /modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=category&uri=$1 last;

# ads rewrite

rewrite "^/ads(/|)$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?Browse=1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/add[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/dimg/([0-9]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1&dimg=$2 last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/manage[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=manage last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/pending[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=pending last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/expired[/]*$"  /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=expired last;

rewrite "^/ads/my_page/disapproved[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=disapproved last;

rewrite "^/ads/cat/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/all/cat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/subcat/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/all/subcat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/entry/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?entryUri=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/tag/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds_tags.php?tag=$1 last;

rewrite "^/ads/calendar[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_calendar last;

rewrite "^/ads/categories[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_categories last;

rewrite "^/ads/tags[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=tags last;

rewrite "^/ads/all_ads[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_all_ads last;

rewrite "^/ads/top_ads[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_top_rated last;

rewrite "^/ads/popular_ads[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_popular last;

rewrite "^/ads/featured_ads[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_featured last;

rewrite "^/ads/member_ads/([0-9]+)[/]*$" /modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?UsersOtherListing=1&IDProfile=$1 last;

# search by tag rewrite

rewrite "^/search/tag/([^/.]+)[/]*$" /search.php?Tags=$1 last;

# browse members rewrite

rewrite "^/browse/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)$" /browse.php?sex=$1&age=$2&country=$3 last;

# forum rewrite

rewrite "^/forum/groups/(.*)$" /forum/$1?orca_integration=groups;

rewrite "^/forum/events/(.*)$" /forum/$1?orca_integration=events;

rewrite "^/forum/store/(.*)$" /forum/$1?orca_integration=store;

rewrite "^/forum/$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php last;

rewrite "^/forum/(.*)$" /forum/$1;

rewrite "^/forum/group/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=goto&cat_id=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/forum/(.+)-([0-9]+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=goto&forum_id=$1&start=$2 last;

rewrite "^/forum/forum/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=goto&forum_id=$1&start=0 last;

rewrite "^/forum/topic/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=goto&topic_id=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/user/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=goto&user=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/rss/forum/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=rss_forum&forum=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/rss/topic/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=rss_topic&topic=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/rss/user/(.+)\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=rss_user&user=$1 last;

rewrite "^/forum/rss/all\.htm$" /modules/boonex/forum/index.php?action=rss_all&sort= last;

rewrite "^/forum/(.*)$" /modules/boonex/forum/$1 last;

}

# serve static files directly

location ~* ^\/.+(templates|flash|media|plugins)\/.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico)$ {

access_log        off;

expires           30d;

}

# deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root

# concurs with nginx's one

#

location ~ /\.ht {

deny  all;

}

this rule dont work 

Quote · 31 Jan 2016

Then maybe it has to do with Plesk.

Quote · 31 Jan 2016

I have the same issue, 404 everywhere, I can't even install my website.

My website is runnnig in /root folder so i have removed /path_to_dolphin from rewrite but still nothing.

Know someone how i can fix it ?

Dolphin.Pro 7.3.4, PHP 7.0.24, nginx/1.13.6

Quote · 1 Nov 2017

I have the same issue, 404 everywhere, I can't even install my website.

My website is runnnig in /root folder so i have removed /path_to_dolphin from rewrite but still nothing.

Know someone how i can fix it ?

Dolphin.Pro 7.3.4, PHP 7.0.24, nginx/1.13.6

The official release is not stated as compatible with PHP 7 but others have stated it is running without issues.

Are you running a control panel on your sever?  If so, which one?

Quote · 1 Nov 2017

nginx for Dolphin

rewrite rules that are on Bonnex page:

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/TutorialHowToInstallDolphinOnNginx

does this include the server block

It is unfortunately not described there.

Also this rule in the server block?

location / path_to_dolphin {

index index.html index.htm index.php;

# Rewrite rules goes here

}

These nginx rules apply

also for reverse proxy server (nginx)?

what is the path_to_dolphin?

the document root? The path to the base directory of the website?

Or like the path as in haeder.inc:

/var/www/*******/********.com/httpsdocs/

These nginx rules apply

also for reverse proxy server (nginx) for Plesk?

Quote · 21 Mar 2019

The path to Dolphin is the actual path on the server.  An example might be /var/www/public_html/

I haven't set Nginx to be a proxy.  Actually, you can drop Apache and just use Nginx; it is a very capable webserver.

Quote · 22 Mar 2019

Dann hat es vielleicht mit Plesk zu tun.

Diese Regeln zum Umschreiben funktionieren

außer

https://my-page.com ist ein Fehler

https://my-page.com/indexphp Kein Fehler

und alle Module von Drittanbietern funktionieren nicht.

Diese müssten natürlich neu geschrieben werden.

Wer macht das?

URL " https://my-page/" abgerufen

Ausgabe:

<html>

<head> <title> 403 Verboten </ title> </ head>

<body bgcolor = "white">

<center> <h1> 403 Verboten </ h1> </ center>

<hr> <center> nginx </ center>

</ body>

</ html>

Quote · 24 Mar 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.