New Mods - New Member Reviews

OK, Since this is the rant section I figured I would ask you members here at Unity for your own opinions.

- Is anyone else noticing how we are starting to see new "modules" in the market place from people who are either new or have never posted anything before?

- These new posts are getting reviews from members who I have never seen post on this forum before. One in particular got a review from a member who listed as the "5th New Member" here at Unity.. And considering the post was listed as "5 hours ago" It would suggest that the person made the review right after joining.

Or could it be something else................hmmmmmm

Now I know Boonex can't police everything 24 hours a day, moderators have only limited permissions, and there is no physical way to verify if the new member actually purchased the mod or not. BUT we all know its possible to setup more than one account here and exist as more than one person (Boonex people have even done that).

I personally only have 1 account here (Zarcon) and have ONLY had this once since Oct 2007. If these modders are creating new accounts just so they can post positive reviews and receive points, I think its a pretty shotty way of misleading and should be removed.

Your thoughts?????

Nothing to see here
Quote · 27 Jun 2010

I agree with you Zarcon, thats what I have seen also. This will be going the same way as expertzzz in the past.
I buy only from members I know and trust.

Kids first
Quote · 27 Jun 2010

I totally agree with Zarcon, this should not be a place open to forgery and misleading providers. It would be a good idea if Boonex could implement some kind of authorization in their sign-up process.

Likewise killerhaai I only buy from trusted providers, and urge others to only do the same.

Chris

Quote · 27 Jun 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.