New Template

In Dolphin 6.1 the templates are residing in …./templates and www/templates.

I bought a theme and it tells that its folders with files should be uploaded to the templates folder. However, in Dolphin there are two templates folders.

The active template should also be set in admin area.

Anyone who knows if the templates folders with its files should be uploaded to one or both templates folders?

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Yes, new templates must be uploaded into your /templates  directory

Here now just one custom template - tmpl_uni

So all another custom templates must be like

tmpl_xxx

tmpl_yyy

tmpl_zzz

and was near tmpl_uni  folder  ( in one folder - templates)

Now clean ?

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

I understand that the new FOLDERS including the files for the 'new template' should be uploaded to FOLDER .../templates who alredy contains the basic templates  base and tmpl_uni FOLDERS.

But, there is also a .../www FOLDER containing a .../templates FOLDER with base and tmpl_uni FOLDERS.

It is a lot of folders in this comment, but I want to make sure.

So, shall the new template be uploaded to only one or both?

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Your new template folder (for example tmpl_xxx) has to be uploded only in ../templates.

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Thank's all.

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Your getting confused betwen your DOMAINS  "public_html" folder and your "www" folder which are both used as public web folders for viewing. All visitors see your site through the "www" folder HOWEVER you should make all edits for your site in the "public_html" folder including uploading the new template into

--> public_html --> templates -->

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Ok,

I also have some thought about the Security. The enclosed install instructions for the new theme tells that -

- Backup your messages_inbox.php & messages_outbox.php files existing in root and  (Replacing the php files are necessary for colour harmony in black coloured themes.)

- Overwrite your downloaded messages_inbox.php & messages_outbox.php files.

Is this safe?

I'm have edit the messages_inbox/outbox files but I'm not so familiar with the code inside them.

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

That's safe if you make and keep a backup of the edited files... If something is going wrong you ever can replace your new files with the old one :-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 1 Aug 2008

After uploading the files to .../templates and overwriting the messages_inbox/outbox I changed to the new template in the admin area. I saved it and after that the _UNI template was back again. I saved it again and there the _UNI template was.

Is this due to permissions in the templates folder or something else?

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.