No /upgrade/ directory with my 7.1.5

Im upgrading from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5

On Step 2 it says:

Remove the upgrade/.htaccess file via FTP or SSH.

Make sure that you removed .htaccess file from "upgrade" directory! Do not remove .htaccess file from Dolphin root folder, it will make almost all links on the site not working'''

NOTE: You may need to change your FTP client settings to show hidden files to see the .htaccess file in your FTP manager.

But I don't see any upgrade/ subdirectory that come with the 7.1.5 patch files. Please enlighten me on this, sirs.

Thank you.

Arnel N.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

First of all, what you quoted is AFTER you do the upgrade on your site; so if you don't see an upgrade directory then you could not have performed the upgrade correctly as you have to point your site to yoursite.tld/upgrade/ (where yoursite.tld is your site's domain) to perform the upgrade.

Read the instructions carefully.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Thanks for the reply, madam GG. I have not done anything yet as to copying the updated files. As I was reading the instruction on Step 2, I checked first the updated files if there is /upgrade/ directory and there is none. So, If I transfer these 7.1.5 files and directories via ftp client you mean an /upgrade/ directory will be automatically created? 

First of all, what you quoted is AFTER you do the upgrade on your site; so if you don't see an upgrade directory then you could not have performed the upgrade correctly as you have to point your site to yoursite.tld/upgrade/ (where yoursite.tld is your site's domain) to perform the upgrade.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Madam GG, I think i've found a member with similar problem. I commented here: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Upgrade-dir-is-missing-from-Dolphin-v-7-1-5-zip-.htm

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Hi, If you did step 1 from upgrade instructions and extracted the pack to Dolphin root directory then probably there is a Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.5 dir in it. You should move its contents to Dolphin root.

Free and premium Dolphin templates. Custom design services.
Quote · 5 Mar 2015

I think I have found the problem. What I have downloaded is the complete version and NOT the PATCH files. The problem is in the way we were REDIRECTED from the admin page saying "UPDATE TO 7.1.5 NOW!" to the download page of the full version. That's WHY! I suggest that the link be corrected and redirected to http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.1.4-7.1.5 and not to the DOWNLOAD (payment) page.

Hi, If you did step 1 from upgrade instructions and extracted the pack to Dolphin root directory then probably there is a Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.5 dir in it. You should move its contents to Dolphin root.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Glad you figured out the issue.  All Dolphin patches to date have Dolphin-Patch in the name followed by the version.

I will check out the links you mentioned.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Yes, I can see where people are getting confused.  The darker link to the full version draws one's attention from the lighter links to upgrading.  However, I doubt if Andrew will edit his blog post.  I will note on the blog the issue.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

I noted the issue on the Blog post, it will be up to Andrew to decide to remove the link to the full version on a post that is about updating an existing version.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Thank you Mam GG. You are great help. God bless madam.

I noted the issue on the Blog post, it will be up to Andrew to decide to remove the link to the full version on a post that is about updating an existing version.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.