Now I am fully Secured from Spammers

From the day first I was facing one and only one big problem, attack from spammers and hackers, many times my server went down just because of these people.

Then my friend suggest me about this software and after installing this to my server , you will not believe that from my admin panel I could see above 799 spammers blocked and 1600 proxy banned, GREAT!

Kindly have a look :- http://wechums.com/

Attached a pic of my admin Panel

ScreenShot121.jpg · 200.9K · 424 views
Quote · 30 Sep 2015

You may be blocking people that are not spammers as well.  The problem with those lists is there is no central authority overseeing them; they just put up these lists and sell them to others.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Sep 2015

God Knows, but what I am seeing is that no more problem creating joining which use to keep posting links and all and I was having one job , to delete them.

But you are more experience then me , kindly let me know , If I am doing it wrong.

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Some of my members also mail me that they are banned from the site ie now they are not able to open the same but after I put their ip in whitelist , now there is no issues.

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Some of my members also mail me that they are banned from the site ie now they are not able to open the same but after I put their ip in whitelist , now there is no issues.

This is what I was trying to say with my comment.  The problem is that if you have legitimate users being banned from the site then you will also block legitimate users from being able to join your site.  You have seen firsthand why I don't like these spam lists; they don't always just block a single IP address, they will block a whole range of addresses and thus innocent people get trapped in these spam lists.  There is no authority that these spam list sellers have to answer to in selling these lists.

There are other steps to take to try and block spammers without using one of these spammer lists.

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

There was an option in the admin panel to add Spam Databases (DNSBL) and I have add two 

(1)  dnsbl.sorbs.net 

(2) zen.spamhaus.org 

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Is I am doing right ?

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

The problem with some of these lists is that they consider anyone IP address that has sent a bounced email to be a spammer.

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

I just went to take a look at the link you provided and I am now banned - WTF??? Surprised

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Is I am doing right ?

Yes, you are doing it correctly.  I was just letting you know that these lists could potentially block new sign-ups that are not spammers.  If you feel that is part of the trade-off of blocking spammers then don't worry about it and be happy.

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Kindly have a look :- http://wechums.com/

Might want to revisit.  I'm a US based user and am blocked too... Surprised

Quote · 30 Sep 2015

Is this some kind of software? The URL doesn't work. I'm also very concerned about DDOS, and SPAM attacks, anyone have any suggestions, modules, checklist for this sort of thing? Thanks.

Quote · 12 Sep 2016

You probably have the the standard level or promotional level with actions option to make post enabled. What you can do is make an announcement on the site that, ummm something like "new users are limited to make any post on the site or that if you (user) would like to be able to post on the site, a fee is required." Of course you would have to come up with something more invited and friendly. Basically if the standard or promotional membership levels are limited to post anywhere on the site and maybe charge a decent fee it could help big time. The other option is make the sign up page difficult by setting maybe 2 or 3 fillings a minimal of let's 10 characters. You can also  https://www.boonex.com/m/profiles-auto-moderator or

https://www.boonex.com/m/reporting-tool there might be others here who can also help you guys. Goodluck!!

Everyday is a new beginning.
Quote · 13 Sep 2016

I searched around to see who other have spam block, but i usually buy stuff from modzzz, AntonLV, deanno...umm they might be able to help you out. Newton and dolphin_jay are good as well. Just saying! Cool

Everyday is a new beginning.
Quote · 14 Sep 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.