Only 28 Members?

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed somewhere else in this Forum. I did a search but could not find any earlier post about this.

Anyway what I find is that from the front page of my website when I click on "Members" a "Browse Profiles" page opens and it shows "Results : 1 - 28" only. Although there are actually more members, for some odd reason this particular "Browse Profiles" page always shows only 28 members. Only if a do a "Search" am I able to get the results which show all the members.

Try as I might I could not find anywhere in the Admin Panel where there may be a setting whcih controls this. Anyone got a solution or workaround on this ?

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

In v6.1.4 at the home > members > browse profiles I have a dropdown page selector beside
the results like 30, 60, 90. 

Results: 1-4 | Total: 4 | Results per page: 306090
Pages:  [1]

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

Yes I can see that dropdown selector, but even if I select any bigger number shown in that dropdown menu it still does not work and reverts to the same 1 - 28 members.

I've uploaded a screen capture here : http://teezheaven.com/images/28_members.jpg

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

According to your screen capture you only have a total of 28 members  ..... 

Therefore, it stands to reason why it only shows 28 members  ..... 

Is it possible that some of the 'missing' members are not approved, etc?

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Actually there are 39 activated members. That screen capture was of the problem page which persists in showing only 28 members although there are actually 39 members.

However I do manage to get the full list if I go through the search menu, for example see here :

http://teezheaven.com/images/39_members.jpg

That is what I find puzzling because the Browse Profiles page somehow cannot capture the full list. 

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Well, out of curiosity I created 39 members to try and replicate your problem and did everything I could think of but mine still shows fine  ..... 

Have you modified anything maybe?

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

That's the weird part. After the hackers' scare what I did was instead of applying the security patches to my earlier 6.1.2 version I just deleted the whole domain from my server and reinstalled the 6.1.4 version. So it is a clean new install and I did not modify anything, other than playing around with the css and doing other work with the pages builder from admin panel, and copy paste code for additional HTML blocks.

It's at http://ecovoiceonline.org

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Thanks Sammie for solving the mystery. But this leads me to ask the question why should that be so?

In this community there are members who do not wish to divulge their date of birth, therefore upon requests I had simplified the "join" page to exclude input for the date of birth. So it appears that members who joined after I had simplified the "join" page do not show up on the "Browse Profiles" page. But shouldn't all activated members rightfully show up, regardless of whether they divulge their age or they hide their age?

If this is the case, in a community with all members who wish to hide their age nobody would show up on the "Browse Profiles" page. Hmmm, doesn't sound right, does it?  

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Hmmmm  .....  mine won't let me enter 00/00/0000 and gives the error at the birthday

field "You cannot be older than 75 years"  ..... 

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

So it is a clean new install and I did not modify anything, other than playing around with the css and doing other work with the pages builder from admin panel, and copy paste code for additional HTML blocks.

when asked what you had modified how did you feel it wasnt important to mention that you had modified your join page? i would just like to know so in the future, i make sure i ask the question that spawned your answer as posted above.

In this community there are members who do not wish to divulge their date of birth, therefore upon requests I had simplified the "join" page to exclude input for the date of birth.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 19 Aug 2008

So it is a clean new install and I did not modify anything, other than playing around with the css and doing other work with the pages builder from admin panel, and copy paste code for additional HTML blocks.

These are my exact words in response to RumpyBumpy's question whether I had modified anything, and I have no reason to deliberately hide anything and to waste people's time. Maybe, in my ignorance, I did not divulge the whole story, not because I did not "feel" it is important, but because I did not "know" it is important.

But then isn't this the purpose of this forum? To carry on a discussion until someone is able to find the solution or, as in this case, to "solve the mystery" (once again thanks to Sammie for that). 

I am a novice at PHP, and for that matter in any kind of web development. But to me the beauty of Dolphin is that it does allow people like me, and I'm sure many thousands more out there like me, to install, set up and manage a community website.  To me what is important here is that in the course of this discussion we have found out the reason why Dolphin behaves the way it does. And in this process, at least I for one have discovered that it is possible, from day 1, to run a website where people who are shy about their age can join without divulging their date of birth.

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

dob is integral to system functions.

without it alot of the script will not work

there are a few lines of code to add the make dob to age

welcome to the world of dolphin ..have fun

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Thanks mrpowless. I will keep this in mind, and see how it goes. So far my website is working ok, but if I find any scripts fail to work I will know at least that I may have to revert to making divulging dob an integral part of the joining process.

It may make many of the people in their 50's who want to pretend they're still in their 30's unhappy. But then there's nothing to stop anybody from bluffing.  

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.