PDF Thumbnail for Files

Someone figured this out at one point but I can't find the post there was a simple trick to get the thumbnail for a file to show a PDF icon as you can see the question marks are just such a horrible look.  Please tell me there is a mod for a thumbnail somewhere?  Also if anyone knows of the post to get a PDF to appear at least that is better than something that looks broken.

Is there something I don't get on why putting a thumbnail with a file has never been done or even thought about being done? 

Files Upload.jpg · 40K · 275 views
Csampson
Quote · 19 Nov 2012

Yes, a pdf file should have a pdf thumbnail, a zip archive should have a zip thumbnail, and so on.  This shouldn't be hard to do, you simply look at the extension of the file to get the type and then pull out the correct thumbnail.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Nov 2012

This is a problem of Flash, it don't pass file's mime type. If you upload file using regular uploader then image is correctly appearing according to the file mime type. 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 19 Nov 2012

Yep that was it thanks for the reminder...

Csampson
Quote · 20 Nov 2012

This is where the new HTML 5 multiple uploader would be nice.  I hope to see the flash uploader replace with a standard HTML 5 uploader some day.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.