PHP 7+ Support

Any news on supporting php 7+ in the very near future?

Jeremy
Quote · 11 Jun 2018

It will be supported in the Dolphin 10 release.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Jun 2018

Are you being funny geek_girl?

Jeremy
Quote · 11 Jun 2018

Are you being funny geek_girl?

Not funny. PHP 7 support is in GitHub and will land in the next major release. They're skipping 8 and 9 and calling the next version 10 (AKA: LEAP).

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 13 Jun 2018

So when will Dolphin 10 be released? We have been waiting for it for long time now.

Quote · 20 Jun 2018

Well according to Boonex Github page Dolphin 10 (LEAP) is due by 1 December 2018. HOWEVER, as of now, it's only 5% complete and last git update was over 2 months ago. Last time I checked milestone back in 2017 and at that time it was also 5% complete... 

So the question is, has Boonex developer team completely forgot about Dolphin Pro? Will it ever happen, and if so, will that be before or after Elon Musk sends his first rocket to Mars? Maybe the Una platform is  generating more income and more lucrative for them to care about Dolphin 10...!?!?  

Quote · 22 Jun 2018

Here is a recommended talk by Rasmus Lerdorf (the creator of PHP language) from 25th May 2018, in which he talk about PHP7+ and it's undeniable superiority over previous i.e. 5+ (version supported by Dolphin).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKXFgWP-2xQ

If you're interested to know more about what's the difference between PHP version 5+ and 7+ how much it has improved, and what ENORMOUS impact switching the version 7+ may have on your application or website, then you should watch his talk from concat() 2018 conference in Salzburg.  

Here's a quote from the video's description text:

For many in the PHP community 2016 and 2017 was all about getting onto PHP 7. The drastic performance improvements and overall efficiency has resulted in PHP 7 adoption rates well beyond past PHP versions. If you are not on PHP 7 yet, you will learn why you should be, but the talk will focus more on new features in PHP 7.2 and 7.3 along with optimization and static analysis.

Quote · 22 Jun 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're running other scripts on the server, it's possible that PHP7 will stop them working as well. I have at lease a dozen different scripts running and I have no idea if any are PHP7 compatible. I know Sentora Panel isn't and they're not excited about getting it to work. Maybe PHP7 will be a bit like Boonex UNA and leave a lot of people floundering.

Quote · 23 Jun 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.