PKForum - end of the year 40% OFF SALE

PKForum - end of the year 40% OFF SALE... SAVE US$40 off the module's regular price. 

PKForum is an advanced Dolphin forum module that can be used either in place of, or in addition to, the default BoonEx "Orca" forum module that's included in the Dolphin 7.1.x and 7.2.x installations.

Go to https://www.boonex.com/m/pkforum-2014-05-31 for more information.

Happy holidays to everyone everywhere!

Dolphin Help team... Prashank and Paul

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 27 Dec 2015

Hi DolphinHelp. I'm trying to understand what the difference is between the stock dolphin forum and PKforum. Do you have a comparison chart?

Also, does PKforum support sub-categories for forums? for example:

Main Category 1

-> sub-Category 1

-> sub-Category 2

Main Category 2

-> sub-Category 3

-> sub-Catregory 4

etc.

By coincidence I was searching for this functionality today as I'm testing the Dolphin forum system and although it's good to have something built in, the forum system is very "two-dimensional".

Would be good to have something available with a more in-depth tree hierarchy of categories.

Quote · 28 Dec 2015

Hi DolphinHelp. I'm trying to understand what the difference is between the stock dolphin forum and PKforum. Do you have a comparison chart?

Main Category 1

-> sub-Category 1

-> sub-Category 2

Main Category 2

-> sub-Category 3

-> sub-Catregory 4

etc.

By coincidence I was searching for this functionality today as I'm testing the Dolphin forum system and although it's good to have something built in, the forum system is very "two-dimensional".

Would be good to have something available with a more in-depth tree hierarchy of categories.

PKForum does not have integration with groups, events yet. You can continue using the default forum for that if you wish and hide it in the main menu.

You can check out the market listing here for ideas about all the features or if you want more details check out the docs http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com/docs/index.html

Also, no there are no sub categories though i am not sure if you're talking about category or forum. Current structure is like this:

Category 1

-> Forum 1
    -> topics

-> topic's posts

-> Forum 2

-> topics

-> topic's posts

Category 2

-> Forum 2

-> topics

-> topic's posts

-> Forum 3

-> topics

-> topic's posts

so much to do....
Quote · 28 Dec 2015

Hi Prashank. Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am talking about forum, as you create a forum, that forum could define a "category/topic", then you wish to create sub-forums (category/sub-topics) under the main forum you just created.

For example:

Entertainment (main category/topic)

-> Movies

-> -> TV

-> -> Cinema

-> Sports

-> -> Cricket

-> -> Soccer

-> -> Tennis

-> etc

Hopefully that explains it a little better (it's just an example), because the main "Entertainment" category/topic will have many sub-categories/sub-topics under it, which in turn will have topics under the sub-categories.

I've spent the past 2 days creating maybe a hundred forums, and they really could/should have been categorised better like the above instead of the way it currently is.

Many specific Forum CMS systems have that structure, but you'd expect that from them because that's all they do ie. forum software. I'm just saying it would be nice to have this either built into Dolphin or as a third party add-on with that structure. The way it is now (two-dimensional if I may say it that way) is actually non-structured and messy.

I did go through the market entry and started to go through details, but as a new admin to the platform, I have no way of comparing what Dolphin gives out of the box and what PKforum gives. For me, it would make it clearer to have a comparison table between dolphin features and PKforum features (tick and cross entries) to know what advantages there are in getting PKforum.

Main Category 1

-> sub-Category 1

-> sub-Category 2

Main Category 2

-> sub-Category 3

-> sub-Catregory 4

etc.

PKForum does not have integration with groups, events yet. You can continue using the default forum for that if you wish and hide it in the main menu.

You can check out the market listing here for ideas about all the features or if you want more details check out the docs http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com/docs/index.html

Also, no there are no sub categories though i am not sure if you're talking about category or forum. Current structure is like this:

Category 1

-> Forum 1
    -> topics

-> topic's posts

-> Forum 2

-> topics

-> topic's posts

Category 2

-> Forum 2

-> topics

-> topic's posts

-> Forum 3

-> topics

-> topic's posts

Quote · 28 Dec 2015

Just a reminder the PKForum "End Of The Year" sale will end tomorrow :-)

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

@... I discussed your request to add a sub-category layer with the module-coder, Prashank, and we decided to include it to our list of features that should be added to the next major PKForum upgrade.  When will that happen?  Hopefully in early 2016.

Paul :-)

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

@

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 31 Dec 2015

That really really is good news. I searched the forums on Boonex for various integrations (with phpBB, XenForo, etc) and there's nothing there that is of any merit.

PKforum is a real module, so doesn't need "integration" like other third party products, this means the Dolphin community can really benefit from PKforum it if it makes that distinction from the forums that are provided by the default Dolphin install ie. to provide actual nested groups.

I commend you for the decision and really look forward to it. Thank you.

@... I discussed your request to add a sub-category layer with the module-coder, Prashank, and we decided to include it to our list of features that should be added to the next major PKForum upgrade.  When will that happen?  Hopefully in early 2016.

Paul :-)

Quote · 1 Jan 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.