Pages Builder Three Column Layout

Seems the Pages Builder three column layout (and perhaps others, didn't check) isn't equally sized, leading to misalignment of content blocks even though they contain the same amount of text (attached image 1).

Left and right columns have inner margin = 10px, outer margin = 0px (attached images 2-3, respectively) while the middle column has inner margin = 10px and outer margin = 10px (attached image 4), when it should be inner margin = 5px, outer margin = 5px (attached image 5).

This forces the middle column to be 10px narrower, causing content misalignment.

Quote · 19 Nov 2017

In pages builder, you can change the width of columns as you need.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 19 Nov 2017

Maybe in future releases of Dolphin allow one to type in the values instead of using the quirky sliders?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Nov 2017

@geek_girl - Agreed.

Quote · 21 Nov 2017

In pages builder, you can change the width of columns as you need.

Understood, but in this case, the column widths are set to exactly the same value in Pages Builder (first attached image): 33.3%.

Problem isn't the column width, which is the same for all three columns, but the middle column whose left and right margins should be half (in this case 5px) the width of inner margins of the outer columns to ensure the space for the middle column isn't 10 pixels narrower overall (5 px left + 5 px right) than the outer columns.

Even tried playing with the Design Box Layout settings (second attached image), but this can't correct the problem.

Quote · 11 Dec 2017

I've looked at your screenshots and fully agree that there does seem to be a problem. You never did say how you overcame it in the last photo of your first post, but I ask you this:

How many people would have identical text in three columns side by side?

I use three columns extensively on my site, but they're usually 25%, 50%, 25%. As each column contains different text, the problems you raise are not important to me and visually the columns look fine.

Unless Boonex could fix the problem easily, I can't see any reason why they would bother, purely because the example you use would be rare under normal circumstances.

Quote · 11 Dec 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.