Photo and Video Title and Categories

Hi Folks -

I've been looking around these forum (and the photo and video module css files) for guidance on how to:

1. Limit the photo and video title character length

2. Reduce the size of the title font

3. How to make it mandatory to select a category when uploading

Any pointers or assistance would be appreciated. I will keep looking in the meantime.

Many thanks

C.

Quote · 2 Apr 2021

The font size would be CSS; unless it is applied inline; you can use the inspect element of your browser to see what css is controlling what if you have css caching/compression turned off.

The others are in code; look in the /inc/classes/BxDolFilesUploader.php as a start.  I am not sure at the moment.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Apr 2021

Boonex never made it mandatory to add a category when adding a photo or video, but they make it mandatory when you edit either one. Don't ask me why because in all honesty, I don't know.

Quote · 4 Apr 2021

Hello callum!

The easiest way to set the categories as required can be done via the changing the following line in the inc/classes/BxDolFilesUploader.php file:

$aFormCategories['categories']['required'] = false;

Just change false to true;

Quote · 5 Apr 2021

Thank you @LeonidS -- This works on the regular uploader, but not the multi-uploader (html5).  Is there a fix so that selecting a category is mandatory when using the multi-uploader (html5)?

Quote · 7 Apr 2021

Thank you @geek_girl. I was able to reduce the title text size by editing the view_unit.html file located in: modules/boonex/photos/templates/base

<div class="fileTitle bx-def-margin-sec-top bx-def-font-h1">

CHANGE TO

<div class="fileTitle bx-def-margin-sec-top bx-def-font-large">

I'm still trying to work out how to limit the photo and video title character length.

Quote · 7 Apr 2021

Thank you @LeonidS -- This works on the regular uploader, but not the multi-uploader (html5).  Is there a fix so that selecting a category is mandatory when using the multi-uploader (html5)?

I spoke to soon... this only adds a red asterix * next to the work 'Category' in the regular uploader and you can still submit without a selecting a category and it does not provider the warning notice that a category needs to be selected.  @johnk42 is correct ... the category is only truly mandatory when you go back to edit the photo. Any other tips or suggestions?

Quote · 8 Apr 2021

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.