Photos disappearing

Suddenly photos started to disappear from our site and new members who uploaded photos couldn't see them. Please see attached image.

The photos are also gone in members view and profile view. Not all, but only some. 

Please help.

Dolphin version: 7.3.3.

Sitename: educatedsingles.com

Thank you very much in advance

Finn

photos.png · 475.9K · 163 views
Quote · 21 Oct 2017

Is this only affecting new uploads of photos? If so, it sounds like something has changed on the site or server that's causing issues with uploading. Check the Host Tools for any errors, and the error_log file.

I've seen this happen when there were issues with the server settings or PHP's GD extension.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 21 Oct 2017

Did you have public privacy group installed and then removed it?  If photos were being set to a privacy group that was removed, then it could cause this.  Go to your files and/or database and see if the photos were actually removed, or if it is just that they don't show up on the site.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Oct 2017

I visited but could not see anything since I was not a member.  I have worked for you before.  If you want me to take a look, send me a PM.

Quote · 22 Oct 2017

Thank you so much Nathan and Geek_girl

Nathan. There seems to be green lights everywhere. It might be the new photos which are affected most. The photos are there, they just don't show up.

Geek_girl. I have not installed or removed any groups. I changed the permission for photos from public to member and back to public. After that noone can see them without being logged in.

Just realised I have a similar problem with blog posts. When you click on a particular post, a blank page is shown. No Idea if these two things are related.

Geek_girl. Thank you very much for offering your help. I will send you a message

Again thank you very much for your help and I will post the solution here, once it has been resolved.

All the best

Finn

Quote · 22 Oct 2017

Geek_girl. I have not installed or removed any groups. I changed the permission for photos from public to member and back to public. After that noone can see them without being logged in.

Sounds like a privacy issue; the bit doesn't change in the database.  Public is guest.  When it was just members seeing them, then guests could not.  Photos were uploaded and the bit was set to members.  Then you set it to public, however, the bit was set to members for the old ones.  So they are only visible to members that are logged in.  Easy fix; you just run a database query to change the bit.

Quote · 22 Oct 2017

Thank you for your message. The problem with the photos - and blog posts was there before I played around with the privacy settings.

Is it something you will like to have a look at?

Agree with you it takes time with boonex, but maybe it will improve.

Quote · 22 Oct 2017

I stand by my assessment.  If the photos are not viewed as guest but viewed as members, then it is a privacy issue.

Quote · 22 Oct 2017

great concept for your website. Best wishes for success.

Gary http://molosserdogs.com
Quote · 23 Oct 2017

Thank you geek_girl for your fabulous help in getting this rersolved

Thank you 

Quote · 27 Oct 2017

I would suggest to update to 7.3.4 there some improvements in photos privacy checking.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 30 Oct 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.