Photos not working

Fresh install of 7.4.2, and working my way through the modules.. photos are not showing on my site (anywhere, on the timeline, in Photos, or whatever). When I check the console, I find that the src="https://mysite.com/m/photos/get_image/browse/344aa66.jpg 

However the link to the picture is correct: https://mysite.com/m/photos/view/photo.jpg

What the heck is going on in there? I've disabled all caches, and have been working my way though permissions for folders and files.. not sure I have those set correctly, but it seems like the js isn't doing the job right! I've tried it on three different browsers and still have the same problem in each.

I also cannot upload videos... 

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Blythe

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 26 May 2020

I had the same problem exactly. Have a look at my post:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Upgrade-problems-7-3-5-to-7-4-2.htm

When I upgraded to 7.4.2, I did so on a different server and everything worked except the display of photos. It wasn't on one site, it was on all of them.

Leonid offered to look at the problem for me, but I installed PHP 7.2 on my original server, moved the scripts back without changing a thing and the photos reappeared. I haven't had a problem since.

Someone may say that my PHP settings on the new server weren't correct and I did spend too much time checking that. Interestingly, when I installed a new script on that server, the photos worked fine.

Are you still using PHP 5.6 or have you upgraded to 7.2? Also, have you changed your host?

Quote · 26 May 2020

I did change hosts recently but this is a new install with a new database.. And you are priceless.. 7.2 did the trick! My photos are showing now!!

The only thing in my admin tools now that shows FAIL is:

disable_functions = exec,passthru,shell_exec,system,popen,assert,eval,phpinfo,fsockopen,mail,getenv,chmod,parse_ini_file - FAIL (must be without exec,shell_exec,popen,eval,assert,create_function,phpinfo,getenv,ini_set,mail,fsockopen,chmod,parse_ini_file,readfile)

Although I have edited my php in cPanel and in WHM to comply, this is still not showing PASS... any ideas?

Thanks SO MUCH for the help.. I was tearing my hair out about this! LOL

Blythe

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 26 May 2020

If you're on a shared server, changing your PHP settings should work fine. If you're on a self-hosted server such as VPS, you must reboot the server for the changes to take affect.

Quote · 26 May 2020

If you're on a shared server, changing your PHP settings should work fine. If you're on a self-hosted server such as VPS, you must reboot the server for the changes to take affect.

You don't have to reboot the whole server.  If he is running Apache with php as an Apache mod; then just restarting Apache will reload the php.ini settings.  If he is running php-fpm as the fast cgi processor, then you need to restart php-fpm to load in the new php.ini settings.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 26 May 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.