Photos system resize

I am puzzled. I changed the php.ini file to allow larger files (4m). Now bigger files are fine but anything over the resolution size of about 2600x2000 does not get converted to the _t.jpg or  _m.jpg. The original photo is there but not the other two.

Any suggestions?

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Try resizing them with this great free program - PIXresizer - then upload them. This probram is SUPER easy to use & you can resize entire folders (offline), if you want - or just one at a time.

Any image of the size you're describing is going to cause problems if you try to have the server resize it. At least that has been my experience.

PC

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Thats correct, I give my users the advize to set photo's or pictures not heigher or withd then 1024 pixels. This is working perfect.

Kids first
Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Try resizing them with this great free program - PIXresizer - then upload them. This probram is SUPER easy to use & you can resize entire folders (offline), if you want - or just one at a time.

Any image of the size you're describing is going to cause problems if you try to have the server resize it. At least that has been my experience.

PC

Thanks for the quick reply. I user PIXresizer all the time. You are totally correct it is great and easy to use.

What I'm trying to do is not make my members life harder by telling them they need to change things at their end. I figure the less they have to do or the easier it is the more they will like and use the site.

There must be a way to control this on the server side.

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

then i would say basically you should find the uploader script for photos and post a NOTE that you have a max image size of 00 x 00, so that they know not to try to upload something as big as a house. that is an incredibly large image you are speaking of uploading anyhow.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Thats correct, I give my users the advize to set photo's or pictures not heigher or withd then 1024 pixels. This is working perfect.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't know what the big sites have as restrictions if any. I will go check but with the research I have done it looks like a big percentage of current cameras all have base settings for resolution in the 2500-3200 range. So in trying to do as much as I can for my members I need to find a way to do this on the server side.

Besides then I can accept a big file then convert and store it at a much smaller size saving both file space and bandwidth but preserving some quality while not making the member do anything extra.

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

then i would say basically you should find the uploader script for photos and post a NOTE that you have a max image size of 00 x 00, so that they know not to try to upload something as big as a house. that is an incredibly large image you are speaking of uploading anyhow.

later,
DosDawg

Hi Dawg,

I'm going to find a way to take their file and reduce it to save on storage and bandwith but keep quality. I think the fewer restrictions the member has or the less they have to do will increase their use of the site.

So I need to find the code Dolphin uses to resize so I can still get the two _t _m jpgs done by the system even with a big file and then shrink the big file to store

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

later,
DosDawg

Hi Dawg,

I'm going to find a way to take their file and reduce it to save on storage and bandwith but keep quality. I think the fewer restrictions the member has or the less they have to do will increase their use of the site.

So I need to find the code Dolphin uses to resize so I can still get the two _t _m jpgs done by the system even with a big file and then shrink the big file to store

by all means good luck, and post your findings and success in here so we can all have it.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

I totally agree. If there is a solution to this issue, I would love to know myself.  Laughing

PC

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.