Picture leaking past bottom see photo

See Photo

Leaking.png · 224.6K · 406 views
Csampson
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

My guess it is a float issue.  What is that bottom line?  Is it contained in a division?  What are we seeing exactly?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

The picture should not go past that line towards the bottom it should stay inside the off white box and not leak below it...We are looking at the description field used in the tinymce but it's happening with all modules... The picture is going outside the appropriate box that should be holding it which causes it to go over the background as well...The red is the background...

Csampson
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

Then this does appear to be a float problem; or lack of the float clearing itself (the image is floated to the left, correct?).  What you can do to test (because I think I saw a float clearing problem in 7.0.9 but can not recall where) is to create a division and clear the floats yourself and see if the problem goes away.  One way is simply to insert a <div style="clear:both";></div>  Of course this is improper because one is not suppose to use HTML for layout; that is the job of CSS.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Actually, this is exactly the way floats are suppose to work; if you will read up on the W3C specifications.  However, sometimes we don't want them to work this way; as in your example.  Read up on clearing floats; a search on the net will turn up many tutorials and tricks for clearing floats.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

The picture should not go past that line towards the bottom it should stay inside the off white box and not leak below it...We are looking at the description field used in the tinymce but it's happening with all modules... The picture is going outside the appropriate box that should be holding it which causes it to go over the background as well...The red is the background...

please send in a pm the link to the problem in your website and i'll provide you with a solution 

if i did help you .. it wont hurt to go to my profile and add a recommendation for me ;)
Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.