Please help, sub-domain by users Module

is there any Module (only here in Boonex Market) that can:

allow my users to buy a sub-domain in my website, and set up the sub domain to user profile url.

so the user can use the sub-domain to sheare it online with friends by a unique name of a user choice .

the user can buy it by Paypal or Points or Credits 

so if the user profile url like : http://www.domain.com/user

change it to : user.domain.com

Quote · 8 Dec 2016

I have not see a module for this.  It might be more complicated than it is worth. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 8 Dec 2016

yes, i a gree with you , so so complicated, but i can give the whole starts in earth to rate this module.Laughing

Quote · 8 Dec 2016

It would not be just a dolphin module required to do this. And i am not sure it is possible. A sub domain would be treated by the server itself as a separate website. Sub domains are configured on the server level, not within dolphin. So a module like this would need to be able to configure the server as well.

Example. www is a sub domain. It hosts an entire website. Not just a member profile.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Dec 2016

It would not be just a dolphin module required to do this. And i am not sure it is possible. A sub domain would be treated by the server itself as a separate website. Sub domains are configured on the server level, not within dolphin. So a module like this would need to be able to configure the server as well.

Example. www is a sub domain. It hosts an entire website. Not just a member profile.

so if i do it manual for my users, do you know how i can link the sub domain to the user profile ?

Quote · 9 Dec 2016

Yes, you can also manually redirect the subdomain www.sub.yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com/user

using the the redirection tool in your server/Cpanel/the likes. 

If you're good with Linux/LAMP, you MAY be able to write a script, which will check for new user(s)'s profile(s), and then automatically creates a subdomain  on the server, then redirect that subdomain to the newly created profile. It sounds a little complicated but I think it's possible.

Assuming your web server is Linux based and you have root SSH access to it.

so if i do it manual for my users, do you know how i can link the sub domain to the user profile ?

Quote · 9 Dec 2016

thank you so much

Quote · 9 Dec 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.