Please help to install dolphin on MAMP/MAC

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version, and try it to make it work on MAMP in a MAC.

When I point the browser, it can go to the install index.php but it gives error:

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Any other script on the MAMP  works, so the localhost is working.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote · 11 Feb 2018

Unless this is MAMP Pro, the only options for PHP are 7.0 and 7.1, neither of which are currently compatible. If this is MAMP Pro, make sure the PHP version is set to 5.6, and check the error_log.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 11 Feb 2018

Unless this is MAMP Pro, the only options for PHP are 7.0 and 7.1, neither of which are currently compatible. If this is MAMP Pro, make sure the PHP version is set to 5.6, and check the error_log.

ok...

now i get it. I am on the free version.

Any recommendation for a local server on a mac to make dolphin work?

Many thanks, Nathan

Quote · 11 Feb 2018

ok...

now i get it. I am on the free version.

Any recommendation for a local server on a mac to make dolphin work?

Many thanks, Nathan

XAMPP works well, but it may not be as simple to use as MAMP. Just make sure you download the one for PHP 5.6.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 11 Feb 2018

I use AMMPS for testing Dolphin locally. http://www.ammps.com.  Works with OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 Feb 2018

thanks, I will be testing both to see whats best for me 

Quote · 12 Feb 2018

I use AMMPS for testing Dolphin locally. http://www.ammps.com.  Works with OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.

hi,

I have it running and when following the install script of dolphin, after adding the DB info, it goes to a blank page. after refreshing it goes back to the beginning of the install.

Any tips?

Thanks

Quote · 15 Feb 2018

hi,

I have it running and when following the install script of dolphin, after adding the DB info, it goes to a blank page. after refreshing it goes back to the beginning of the install.

Any tips?

Thanks

Blank page means a PHP error. Please check the error_log file (not sure where it is on AMMPS, but there should be one) for more information on the error. Also make sure the PHP version is indeed set to 5.6, as PHP 7+ are not currently supported and will not work.

Quote · 15 Feb 2018

You can switch php version on the fly with AMMPS; it is in the control panel.  I use AMMPS on Linux and Windows so it might be a bit different on the Mac but it is there in the control panel.

Quote · 16 Feb 2018

working like a charm with MAMP.

Both a fresh new install and other old development environment on 7.3.3

Thanks again.

Quote · 17 Feb 2018

working like a charm with MAMP.

Both a fresh new install and other old development environment on 7.3.3

Thanks again.

Works like a charm on AMMPS as well

Quote · 17 Feb 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.