Premium Classifieds Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 5

Quote · 6 Jan 2018

I can enter custom fields into Categories okay, but not into sub-categories. As the module hasn't been updated for some time, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong:

1. Categories - Personals
  2. Sub-Category Man looking for Woman
  3. Entered custom fields (Tried one, then multiple)
  4. Edit

When I return, all custom fields are blank. They're listed okay if I enter them in at categories level.

Note: The fields DO appear in the ad itself, but having blank fields in Settings makes it very hard to modifty them.

Also, what is the little dropdown in red for? It has "other, rent. sale" options.

Thanks

classifieds.jpg · 26K · 247 views
Quote · 6 Jan 2018

Issue mentioned above by @johnk42 is resolved. The following files are updated :

modules/modzzz/classified/classes/BxClassifiedModule.php

modules/modzzz/classified/classes/BxClassifiedDb.php

modules/modzzz/classified/templates/base/admin_categories.html

Clear cache after updating files.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 6 Jan 2018

The sub-categories now appear, but I'm now getting a 500 error when going from the first screen to the second in Add Classified. Same result on a clean install of the new update.

Quote · 7 Jan 2018

@johnk42 - The only reason I can think of for this is failure to run the sqlstates.php during installation of the module. However, since you were already using the module without issues I am not sure what could be your problem. Temporarily add the code below to the end of your inc/header.inc.php so you can see the actual error :

ini_set("display_errors",1);

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 7 Jan 2018

Hi Modzzz. You're right. I never ran the SQL update because I considered it to be a new install. As I didn't have any data in the previous version, I uninstalled and deleted it. I then uploaded and installed the latest version. I assumed the Uninstall process would have dealt with any database issues.

Thanks for the code snippet which I'll leave in the header for the time being at least. Here's the resultant error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getMemberCredits() on null in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxx/modules/modzzz/classified/classes/BxClassifiedModule.php on line 679

It doesn't help me I'm afraid but I'm not using any credit system.

Quote · 8 Jan 2018

The following file is updated: modules/modzzz/classified/classes/BxClassifiedModule.php

Quote · 8 Jan 2018

That's fixed it. Thanks Modzzz.

Quote · 8 Jan 2018

One more issue, a question and 2 requests.

Issue: The price is showing as 0.00 instead of the Price and slashed Sale Price. I've tried whole numbers and decimals. See attached.

Question: I need to add additional Lkeys but information about them is sparce. I need to do something like this to cater for members and commercial operators, both of whom won't be paying.

For Sale - Members
Swap - Members

etc.

For Sale - Commercial
Services - Commercial

There's about eight keys in all. I can change rental and I added a key which seemed to work on my test site, but I'm worried I may create issues.

Request : I need ads to expire at different times. Members up to 30 days, Commercial depends, but possibly 30 to 90 days. I tried setting up packages but they didn't seem to appear anywhere, maybe because I'm not charging.

It would be great if members could pick a time between 7 and 30 days etc as with the Boonex ads module which isn't suitable for my purposes.

Request 2: There's no provision for an hourly rate which may apply to ads for services.

Could these be considered in a future version?

classifieds2.jpg · 11.7K · 253 views
Quote · 9 Jan 2018

@johnk42 - Provide the actual price that you entered. You can add additional keys as you wish. Regarding feature additions, I cannot make any specific promises on timeline.

Quote · 9 Jan 2018

I'm not holding my breath for suggestions.

I tried several variations including a $ sign. see attachment

Classified Price.pdf · 116.7K · 289 downloads
Quote · 9 Jan 2018

I entered an item  on your test site: House $125,000. The displayed price is 5,000.00 but if you edit the item you will see I've entered $125,000

Also, on my site I've created two packages, one for 7 days free and another for 30 days free, neither of these packages are accessible anywhere. Are packages meant to work even if you're not charging, because this would be a way for me to allow members to select different display periods.

Finally, Fax is ancient. Can this field be removed easily?

Quote · 9 Jan 2018

Price issue is resolved.

Fax has been changed to Mobile.

Regarding Packages, 'Activate Paid Classifieds' option must be turned on in the settings.

When posting classified, Package options are not visible to Administrator since Administrator does not have any restriction on posting. When an ordinary member posts, they will see the package options.

Quote · 10 Jan 2018

Price issue is resolved.

Fax has been changed to Mobile.

Regarding Packages, 'Activate Paid Classifieds' option must be turned on in the settings.

When posting classified, Package options are not visible to Administrator since Administrator does not have any restriction on posting. When an ordinary member posts, they will see the package options.

Re-upload all files and clear cache.

Quote · 10 Jan 2018

Thanks for the changes and explanation. I posted an ad via another account and the packages could be clearly seen and selected. 

It looks like my string of problems have all been resolved and I wish to thank you again for your excellent support.

I like the packages feature because the advertiser only sees the fields applicable to the package they choose. I've also been able to create 7 day, 14 day and 30 day packages which allow an advertiser to choose how long their ad should stay active. Well done.

Quote · 11 Jan 2018

Hi Modzzz

I have just installed the Classified Ads.

Now I have to change this line in the htcaccsess.

RewriteRule ^ forum / groups /(.*) $ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = groups

in

RewriteRule ^ forum / classified /(.*)$ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = classified [QSA, L]

but I already had to change this line for the Business Listings

in

RewriteRule ^ forum / listing /(.*) $ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = listing [QSA, L]

what do I have to do now?

Can I just insert the line?

RewriteRule ^ forum / classified /(.*)$ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = classified [QSA, L]

Quote · 17 Sep 2019

Hi Modzzz

RewriteRule ^ forum / groups /(.*) $ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = groups

in

in

RewriteRule ^ forum / listing /(.*) $ modules / boonex / forum / $ 1? Orca_integration = listing [QSA, L]

Quote · 17 Sep 2019

Hi Modzzz

in

in

Quote · 17 Sep 2019

Hi Modzzz

in

in

Quote · 17 Sep 2019

Hi Modzzz

in

in

Quote · 17 Sep 2019

@Amandus - You should not be changing anything. The installation instruction tells you to insert a new line. 

Quote · 18 Sep 2019

I am looking at this for my site is it able to be changed in the post add  area on page builder . remove item that dont apply to my site

Quote · 14 Dec 2019

I am looking at this for my site is it able to be changed in the post add  area on page builder . remove item that dont apply to my site

Quote · 14 Dec 2019

Is there a way now or in the future to set up our own add post as we do the rest of the site . page builder , it seems complicated not to be able to and the ad said easy to build site .

Quote · 14 Dec 2019

@stagesonline - I answered your queries via PM

Quote · 15 Dec 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.