Profile Fields

First let me say I'm brand new to Dolphin, and I've installed Dolphin 7.3.2 on a dedicated Apache server.

I'm blown away by how utterly complicated it is. I'm trying to simply customize the profile fields with the builder.

All hosting items in Host Tools are green, so the server seems to be compliant.

I've been running a social network for about 5 years on Oxwall then switched to mooSocial. No problem. 

But when I got Dolphin installed and began messing around with it, what a feeling of overwhelm. Why is it so complicated to make a simple profile question with checkbox items? I just can't get it to work, and the method makes little to no sense. I have no clue what "matching" means, and what to do. I think I'm in way over my head with this script. Glad I chose the monthly lease license. I am not sure I'm going to continue the subscription if I can't get this site set up at least halfway within the 30 days. 

I'm not the most technically knowledgible webmaster. Is there any docs or forums with CURRENT instruction for CURRENT issues?

I created a new "Looking for" item which I wanted checkboxes, and I THINK I set it up properly and saved, but it doesn't show up in the edit profile page..

And what is sad is, most of the documentation is old, and there doesn't seem to be any more in-depth instruction. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with this script. 

Quote · 9 Sep 2016

You're not alone!

Quote · 18 Dec 2016

I've been running a social network for about 5 years on Oxwall then switched to mooSocial. No problem. 

Why did you switch from Oxwall to mooSocial; and in turn, what made you think about switing again - to Dolphin?

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 15 Jan 2017

when in the profile fields section - notice there are a few different tabs - in the upper right there are tabs for search, join, and view - so you must drag any fields you want in these sections up to the viewable area. As well ,there are tabs for user type - member, admin, owner - again, you must drag fields up that you want to use.

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Jan 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.