RMS install details

Hi folks,

I've been testing the Dolphin project. I refuse to believe all those negative comments, I've a bit knowledge of linux and webapps in general. So I tried to install the project. All is working, and ok, I had to adjust some settings which were not documented.

But here's my question. The RMS server is installed and working on the promt like described. But when I try to use it on a local test server, the widgets keep on loading, so I tried it on a life server (www.gothville.net/index.php) and I get the same results. The shoutbox however is working (does it use ray?)

There must be something silly wrong, like a RMS configuration somewhere. I'm confused about the response I get at the end when starting rms;  ...@0.0.0.0... Should this be this ip or must it be my public ip address?

When I use the testlink (http://www.boonex.com/rms.html)

I get this;

NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
NetConnection.Connect.Closed

I'm almost sure my firewall has the nessecary ports open. I figure that this error is coming from the rms itselve.

Could someone who has got a working project with own rms server please verrify the file:

/opt/ray_server/webapps/root/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties

=> What is the webapp.virtualHosts= like?

How about the same line in eg. /opt/ray_server/webapps/board/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties

do you use localhost or 127.0.0.1 or do you use your public IP address here?

Hoping to get some response here on this one.

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Hi folks,

I've been testing the Dolphin project. I refuse to believe all those negative comments, I've a bit knowledge of linux and webapps in general. So I tried to install the project. All is working, and ok, I had to adjust some settings which were not documented.

But here's my question. The RMS server is installed and working on the promt like described. But when I try to use it on a local test server, the widgets keep on loading, so I tried it on a life server (www.gothville.net/index.php) and I get the same results. The shoutbox however is working (does it use ray?)

There must be something silly wrong, like a RMS configuration somewhere. I'm confused about the response I get at the end when starting rms;  ...@0.0.0.0... Should this be this ip or must it be my public ip address?

When I use the testlink (http://www.boonex.com/rms.html)

I get this;

I'm almost sure my firewall has the nessecary ports open. I figure that this error is coming from the rms itselve.

Could someone who has got a working project with own rms server please verrify the file:

/opt/ray_server/webapps/root/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties

=> What is the webapp.virtualHosts= like?

How about the same line in eg. /opt/ray_server/webapps/board/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties

do you use localhost or 127.0.0.1 or do you use your public IP address here?

Hoping to get some response here on this one.

You enter your actual server ip address in those red5-web.properties files.

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Hi,

So I did, even in the file /opt/ray_server/webapps/root/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties i've added my public ip...

I see traffic coming in, firewall is correct configured. But the widgets still keeps on loading. I read some post here with the same problem. Some speak about skins, that these could be the cause, but I don't see any path problem with the skins.

Does someone knows if there is some kind of error logging, or logging at all on this server deamon? Or somewhere to turn it on and off?

Thanks folks. I'm just trying all I have to get this working, some directions could be nice to figure it out...

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Hi,

So I did, even in the file /opt/ray_server/webapps/root/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties i've added my public ip...

I see traffic coming in, firewall is correct configured. But the widgets still keeps on loading. I read some post here with the same problem. Some speak about skins, that these could be the cause, but I don't see any path problem with the skins.

Does someone knows if there is some kind of error logging, or logging at all on this server deamon? Or somewhere to turn it on and off?

Thanks folks. I'm just trying all I have to get this working, some directions could be nice to figure it out...

Have you re-tried the test on boonex site?

Are your browser's flash plugins the most recent updates? Have your tried other browsers?

My root/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties is slightly different than the rest, it has

webapp.virtualHosts=*,localhost, localhost:5080, 127.0.0.1:5080, XXX.X.X.XXX

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Are your browser's flash plugins the most recent updates? Have your tried other browsers?

Test on the boonex site:

Most of the times I get;

Sometimes I get;

NetConnection.Connect.Failed

I've tested with FireFox 2, 3, IE 6 and 7 in windows and linux ubuntu, yes indeed, the flash is the latest one.

Also here, in the root the structure is different, and I added my public address at the end of the webapp.virtualHosts line.

The test should indicate there is something wrong with the firewall, but I can see the connection come in, and from behind the firewall these connections can go out also... When I browse to the server on port 5080 I get the red5 testpages...

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Test on the boonex site:

Most of the times I get;

Sometimes I get;

NetConnection.Connect.Failed

I've tested with FireFox 2, 3, IE 6 and 7 in windows and linux ubuntu, yes indeed, the flash is the latest one.

Also here, in the root the structure is different, and I added my public address at the end of the webapp.virtualHosts line.

The test should indicate there is something wrong with the firewall, but I can see the connection come in, and from behind the firewall these connections can go out also... When I browse to the server on port 5080 I get the red5 testpages...

It doesn't sound like you actually have rms running correctly yet  and in memory then. Ports 1935 and 1936 open?

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Ports are indeed open, I can see the process running. Please note that video and music upload do work, also the players. Presence is working correctly, shoutbox is working.

I have the feeling those widgets are not working where there is media involved from the user to the server in real time. Chat is probably with audio and video? Not sure what boards are, but I get the flash during a few seconds, and then it starts loading again, and keep on doing that. While these are opened there is no traffic between client and server any more.

Video recorder, I can't see this widget on the site, is it in chat or somewhere, have to figure that one out also :-)

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

so you see it running in your processes on the server. you have edited all the files necessary to get it to run. you have verified with your firewall that you have the ports open that you are trying to run on. that seems like a wash to me. only other thing i havent seen you mention, was that you have your domain in the access.dat that should be connecting to the rms.

if you need further help, hit me up and i will take a look at your setup. but from what you have stated, seems that you have hit just about every angle, and it should be working.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

only other thing i havent seen you mention, was that you have your domain in the access.dat that should be connecting to the rms.

if you need further help, hit me up and i will take a look at your setup. but from what you have stated, seems that you have hit just about every angle, and it should be working.

later,

DosDawg

Even the access file is set correctly. Also the crossdomain is in the root of dolphin (read about it somewhere).  I must say, I don't know where to look further from here. Strange thing is that I've the same problem on my development system, I just put it on a life server to be sure for the test.

I think I'm not the only one with the same results. There must be a little issue left, OS related or setting, that is the question ofcourse :-)

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

from my experience in setting up rms there are no script files that need to be modded, the only thing needed is that the admin put the ip address to connect to and the ports that are goin to be used.

one thing is what is the version of your JRE, might try to upgrade your java build.

i will take a look under the hood if you want me to.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.