Ray Chat Problem

I have searched and not seen this problem any where.  Since I updated Dolphin to 6.1.2 the only other things I have done are change the names of the chat rooms and add one in the new admin panel.  Now today all my chat rooms are gone and when I try to add one back in I get an error creating room message.  Any one have any ideas?

Signed,

Roy

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

sorry to hear you have issues with this new release. my suggestion to all who are running a live site of dolphin/orca/ray, whenever a new release hits the deck, this doesnt mean you need to get it installed immediately. you should have a testing account where you apply all your mods and tweaks first, and ensure that they are functional. it is just too big of a gamble to tweak a live site. i do it but for the most part, i know what to do if things go awry. i will try to get 6.1.2 installed next week on one of my domains, and see what i can come up with. but i would first of all post this issue in the ray forum. you might get more hits on it from that viewpoint.

later

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Dawg,

Thanks for the reply.  I will post in Ray forum as well.  I also wanted to add that I looked in the database through phpmyadmin, and all the rooms are in SQL, now twice for having tried to recreate them.  So if anyone knows a little more than me on how the program works it looks like the rooms are lost somewhere between sql and the posting of chat.php.  Is there a switch back that kills newly created rooms?

Thanks,

Reginald

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

I'm having the same problem when I was logged into the chat room as a an admin. I logged out, then logged in as a user, and was able to create a room.

Not sure if that room will be there tomorrow.. :-)

Danny

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.