Ray Desktop Synopsis

would like to get some feedback on the ray desktop widget? have any of you got it running, how does it operate? do you feel its beneficial? i have not had the time, or spent the effort to get it running. basically every installation i have done, the person starts quizzing me about the ray desktop widget, and of course i just say i dont mess with it. i dont mess with it because of a few reasons, one is i am not keen on installing applications on my machine, that i am not familiar with. i take this position for a few life learned lessons. just as the stored all those boonies on v6.1, if you dont see what going on during an installation of an exe, then you absolutely dont know what is going on behind the scenes. 

not saying i dont trust ray, but i from a responsible computer operator, not just an owner, i would find it difficult to load something that i have no clue what is being installed. i am not normally paranoid, however, i have seen a multitude of behaviors over the past 20 years on a computer, that make me skittish of most everything internet related. 

So i would like to know from those of you who have it running, what is the process it is called on task manager, what is the amount of resources that it uses? does it use windows dll files? what language is it written in? can you see a list of files that are installed? 

ok i suppose that is it for now. just havent seen many writings about it, and was just wondering.

later,

DOsDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 13 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.