Recommend Working With Clone of Site

If you are going to upgrade a production site; clone your site first and apply the upgrade to the clone site.  This will allow you to test for any possible issues you may have with the upgrade and not risk crashing your production site.  If all goes well with the clone site, it will most likely go well for your production site.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Nov 2012

I'm in the middle of cloning my site and was wondering if you'd found any instructions on how to do it? Having problems getting everything set up w/ a copy of my existing database.

If you are going to upgrade a production site; clone your site first and apply the upgrade to the clone site.  This will allow you to test for any possible issues you may have with the upgrade and not risk crashing your production site.  If all goes well with the clone site, it will most likely go well for your production site.

Quote · 7 Nov 2012

1. Copy the files into another directory

2. Export the database

3. Create a new database

4. Import the original database into the new one

5. Change the database info and directory path in /inc/header.inc.php to reflect the new database and directory info.

That should do it.

I'm in the middle of cloning my site and was wondering if you'd found any instructions on how to do it? Having problems getting everything set up w/ a copy of my existing database.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 7 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.