Redirect to Index (Home) Page

This topic was addressed in 2012 and again in 2015. A free solution was offered by Deano, but he's since closed his market site.

When a member logs in, they're sent to their account page by default (member.php). Most people aren't interested in this page and that have to manually choose the page containing the most information - the home page (Index.php)

It seems logical that a social networking site such as Dolphin would make the home page the default, but not so.

Better still, an admin should be able to select the default page, which in some instances may be the profile.

What is the easiest way to redirect a person logging in to the home page, or better still, a page of Admin's choice?

This should be a "free" solution and not something someone may care to charge for.

Quote · 30 Sep 2018

You can point ALL members to a certain page; simple code edit redirect; instead of member.php to the home page.  If you want members to be able to choose, then there is a mod in the market; yes, I know you said free.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Sep 2018

You can change default redirect page by small modification in member.php file, near ~68 line:

$sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'member.php';

change to 

$sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'index.php';

for your case

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 1 Oct 2018

Thanks Alex. I was sure that was the case but it doesn't work on my colleague's site. I tried it on my own site and it's working fine. In his case, it keeps reverting to Member.php even though I've changed it to Index.php and manually cleared all caches including the browser.

I've checked the files and index.php, join.php, member.php, design.inc.php are all identical to the install files. It may be due to a mod and I'll chase a few people up unless you can throw more light on the subject.

Thanks.

Quote · 1 Oct 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.