Removed "About" menu & now get error

I dragged the About menu out of the navigation menu.  After a few minutes of navigating around, the site then times out and never loads any pages (or, actually, takes like 5 minutes to load anything into the page).  After a long time, an error finally dumps to the browser:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolDb.php on line 431

Fatal error: Call to a member function getParam() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/inc/db.inc.php on line 83

I'm going to try a restore to the most recent database backup.

Quote · 2 Feb 2010

Why is this posted in the bug forum? Have you cleared your /cache (except for .htaccess) and /cache_public directories via FTP?

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 2 Feb 2010

Yes, I cleared the cache.  If removing the About menu triggered this issue, wouldn't that technically be a bug?  I'm trying to figure out what's going on but in the meantime it seems like a bug.  What defines a bug?

Quote · 2 Feb 2010

It's related to file permission issue, you have to clear the cache using FTP or from CPANEL File Manager. This is a known hosting issue when php apache handler configuration it set to DSO, it should be SUPHP or CGI.

cache folders : cache and cache_public

Live Support http://dolphinbugfixing.com
Quote · 2 Feb 2010

Clearing the cache alone didn't fix the issue.  The issue didn't get fixed until I restored the database, reverting the change I made to the menu.

But, if the issue was caused by a combination of not clearing the cache immediately after the change & perpetuated by the database, how would somebody go about making such a change to a live site?

Anyway, I did notice another bug, I'll post that in a separate topic.

Quote · 2 Feb 2010

See my post on the CountMutualFriends() function, that turned out to be the cause, I just made an incorrect correlation between my menu changed and the lock-up issue I saw.

Quote · 2 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.