Replicate a community

Hello,

I have developed a highly moded community, with all in english and spanish. Many mods have been integrated. Very rich in functionality.

I want to create new communities based on this rich community, but I want to avoid to reinstall everything from scratch. I would need many days again. The original community is installed in a subdirectory of my main domain. I want to have the new community in another subdirectory.

- I created the new directory, then copied all the software files to the new subdirectory (including new mods' directories).

- I created a new database with a new user. Then I copied the original database to the new one. I emptied all the members from the original database and all the tables, except language tables and some others. So all the tables used by the added mods are also available for the new community but they are empty.

- I editted /inc/header.inc.php to put the name of the new community, the new database, etc to "link" the new subdirectory of the new community to the new database.

When I browse to www.mydomain.com/newsubdirectory it goes to the new community (OK). However, when I try to access as admin by browsing to www.mydomain.com/newsubdirectory/admin it goes to the ORIGINAL community, not to the NEW one. So, admin is still managing the old database. Even URL shown is  www.mydomain.com/OLDsubdirectory/admin.

I do not know what else to modify to make the two communities totally separated and independent. Can you help and tell me if the way I try to replicate the communities is feasible or not???

Thanks and regards,

Antonio

Quote · 27 Apr 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.