Restaurant Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 4

3 Dec 2016

But the code change is giving the same result (zip code after state instead of before city)

Yes, I already managed to hide country, author, time and other things I don't need, because my site is not supposed to be interactive. No members as well :-)

What this photo is showing is different from the original module. In the original module, you would make the following two changes :

Change line 4926 to :

$sState = $aDataEntry['zip'] .' '. $sState;

Change line 4937 to :

$sCity = $aDataEntry['zip'] .' '. $sCity;

How can I get the zip code before the city instead of after the state ?

I know it's in the BxRestaurantModule.php, but I can't figure out which lines to change and how (somwhere around line 4923)

3 Dec 2016

@annabel - Please PM me your site URL.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
3 Dec 2016

Hi Modzzz, 

I updated my installed modules and I get the message that there is a new version available of the restaurant module, though I have installed the latest version 2.0.6

Has there been another update? Or why is this message appearing?

4 Dec 2016

The latest version of the mod is 2.0.6. I do not know why you are seeing that message.

I updated my installed modules and I get the message that there is a new version available of the restaurant module, though I have installed the latest version 2.0.6

Has there been another update? Or why is this message appearing?

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
4 Dec 2016

Hi Modzzz

Can you explain how I can integrate a paid package?

I created a package, but I don't see an option on the site to add a package to a restaurant.

21 Dec 2016

In which file can I change the default size of the pictures in the Restaurant Block tab on the homepage?

I also would like to narrow the column where the pictures are shown.

21 Dec 2016

Activate Paid Listings in the settings for the module. When posting a Restaurant, you will only see package functionality if you are posting as a non-administrator.

I created a package, but I don't see an option on the site to add a package to a restaurant.

21 Dec 2016

Picture sizing is handled by the default Photos module. There is no setting in third party modules, they simply inherit from the Photos module.

In which file can I change the default size of the pictures in the Restaurant Block tab on the homepage?

21 Dec 2016

Damn, I created all my listings ( > 1.000) as administrator, so this means I can't use the package functionality?

Activate Paid Listings in the settings for the module. When posting a Restaurant, you will only see package functionality if you are posting as a non-administrator.

21 Dec 2016

Is there a way to change admin to non-admin in the database ?

Damn, I created all my listings ( > 1.000) as administrator, so this means I can't use the package functionality?

21 Dec 2016

You should mention this in the description of your module, now you only mention admin. I guess there's more people like me who want to use this functionality, but bump into this problem afterwards.

Is there a way to change admin to non-admin in the database ?

21 Dec 2016

OK, thanks

Picture sizing is handled by the default Photos module. There is no setting in third party modules, they simply inherit from the Photos module.

21 Dec 2016

@annabel - You have a misunderstanding of what the package functionality does. The package functionality allows site members to pay to list their Restaurant listing on the site. Administrators do not need this because they can always list for Free.

21 Dec 2016

Well, yes and no ... this depends.

Yes, I now noticed that admin can list for free, didn't know this before I asked you :-)

No, what if a restaurant owner asks the site admin to be listed (by email or phone)? Not all restaurant owners are computer wizards who can do this themselves ...

@annabel - You have a misunderstanding of what the package functionality does. The package functionality allows site members to pay to list their Restaurant listing on the site. Administrators do not need this because they can always list for Free.

21 Dec 2016

There seems to be something wrong on the restaurant/search page

The original search form is correct, when it shows the results the search form shown on the result page is changing width of some fields

See printscreen below

search options.png · 468.9K · 306 views
22 Dec 2016

To fix an issue with the search form :

In modules\modzzz\restaurant\classes\BxRestaurantPageSearch.php,

Find and remove the line below (it occurs multiple times)

'style' => 'width:135px',

22 Dec 2016

3 times :-)

Thanks !

22 Dec 2016

I think there is a missing link in the categories

On the restaurant home page there's the block _modzzz_restaurant_block_restaurant_categories

When I click on 1 of the categories I go to the restaurant/categories page

But when I click on 1 of the subctegories, there are no results.

See screenshots attached

categories.png · 249.4K · 277 views
sub-categories.png · 262.6K · 287 views
23 Dec 2016

Today I added a restaurant event. Normally it should show up on the restaurant homepage, but it doesn't. I can only find it in the restaurant page itself.

There should also be a search function for the restaurant events, which isn't there.

Also on the calendar, the event doesn't show.

21 Jan 2017

I have the same problem in the new module wishlist I bought yesterday.

On the wishlist homepage the search box isn't styled correctly.

But I can't find a file in the module which shows the line below :

'style' => 'width:135px',

22 Jan 2017

I have updated the Dolphin 7.3 version of Wishlist. In the future, please do not post issues about one module in the support forum for another module. Each of my modules have their own support forum. 

22 Jan 2017

I will add Event block on restaurant homepage in a future update.

There are no plans to add a search feature, this is something you would have to get done as a customization if you so desire.

The Restaurant calendar cannot also display Events. The calendar functionality in Dolphin is not designed in a manner to accommodate a combination of different items.

Today I added a restaurant event. Normally it should show up on the restaurant homepage, but it doesn't. I can only find it in the restaurant page itself.

There should also be a search function for the restaurant events, which isn't there.

22 Jan 2017

OK, I understand.

But why is there an option 'restaurant event browse' in the page builder? Isn't that to search restaurant events?

There are no plans to add a search feature, this is something you would have to get done as a customization if you so desire.

The Restaurant calendar cannot also display Events. The calendar functionality in Dolphin is not designed in a manner to accommodate a combination of different items.

22 Jan 2017

Could you please tell me which file you have updated ? I don't want to re-install the complete module :-)

I have updated the Dolphin 7.3 version of Wishlist. In the future, please do not post issues about one module in the support forum for another module. Each of my modules have their own support forum. 

22 Jan 2017

Did you check this problem Modzzz?

On the restaurant home page there's the block _modzzz_restaurant_block_restaurant_categories

See screenshots attached

22 Jan 2017

Good afternoon Modzzz, long time, no talk. I tried to follow the thread here on this module (was considering buying, but shopping at the moment), and started to get a headache. You seem to be doing a great job with a lot of somewhat difficult people (as usual).

Anyway,

What I was browsing for was a Restaurant listing system with the ability to rate the restaurant, add menu, and add specials (daily deals). Currently, there is nothing in place on any website... for seeing specific food items on a menu with ratings. So a person in a city can browse a restaurant, see a menu, and click on the food item to get details. included with the pics, description and price would be a 1-5 star rating of that dish.

Goal? Getting rid of people who ask the same questions over and over.... "Where is the best pizza?" or Where is the best hamburger?"

SO based upon what I see, your restaurant system is great. How about a separate module (which I would gladly pay for) that gives a menu functionality. This can be tied to the Restaurant in the same way you tie in Your Events, Locations, etc... Call it Restaurant Menu. So when both modules are setup, a Restaurant listing has a block for menus. Functionality can have more than one menu per Restaurant and each would be listed in the block. Breakfast menu, Lunch Menu, Dinner Menu, Weekly Specials menu

https://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-restaurant-menu/

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
30 Jan 2017

@richmanfl - I have sent you a PM regarding development of the Menu functionality.

31 Jan 2017

See screenshots attached

4 Mar 2017

Over a month further, no update yet.

OK, I understand.

But why is there an option 'restaurant event browse' in the page builder? Isn't that to search restaurant events?

4 Mar 2017

I sent you the files as you requested, asked you a couple of times in a private message if you looked at it, but you don't answer.

I did change line 4926 and this is the result :

Adres: Sint Pieterstraat 46/3, Mol, 2400 Antwerpen

But it should be :

Adres: Sint Pieterstraat 46/3, 2400 Mol, Antwerpen

But the code change is giving the same result (zip code after state instead of before city)

Yes, I already managed to hide country, author, time and other things I don't need, because my site is not supposed to be interactive. No members as well :-)

What this photo is showing is different from the original module. In the original module, you would make the following two changes :

Change line 4926 to :

$sState = $aDataEntry['zip'] .' '. $sState;

Change line 4937 to :

$sCity = $aDataEntry['zip'] .' '. $sCity;

How can I get the zip code before the city instead of after the state ?

I know it's in the BxRestaurantModule.php, but I can't figure out which lines to change and how (somwhere around line 4923)

4 Mar 2017

@annabel

I have sent you the modified files via Email.

I found no issue with Categories in the latest version of the module. Please replicate this issue on the demo site.

Adding Events to Restaurant homepage will be done in a future update of the module but it is not something I can give priority attention to right now. I have other higher priority issues such as rewriting mods that Boonex are threatening to remove from the market. If it is an urgent modification you need, you may want to consider hiring someone to add it for you.

4 Mar 2017

Adding video comments doesn't work. I can't reproduce it on the demo site, since this option seems to be unavailabe.

According to TMD there's an error in the module :

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /home/horecain/public_html/horeca.be/inc/classes/BxDolCategories.php on line 202

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method BxRestaurantModule::isAllowedPaid() in /home/horecain/public_html/horeca.be/modules/modzzz/restaurant/classes/BxRestaurantFormAdd.php on line 37

Uploading a video doesn't work either. It keeps 'processing', but nothing happens. Also tried this on the demo site, doesn't work.

26 Mar 2017

This is still a pending problem ... first mentioned January 15, 2015

I changed both files according to your instructions.

When I want to add a restaurant, I still have the full countries list on that page. When I leave those untouched, I can select Belgium and then I can select a state. But since I don't want and need other countries, I want to remove them.

When I remove all countries from the pre-values except Belgium, it appears as default in the selection but then I cannot select a state anymore.

Since this is a selection box, there has to be more than 1 option (of course).

There SHOULD be a 'Please Select' option in that array, so I can leave out all other countries but Belgium.

I tried to add a 'please select' key in the country pre-values, but that doesn't work. In the module, you haven't made that option.

Could you please provide this in the module? 

No, it's not a customization of mine, it's the states which are in the restaurant countries list (BE antwerpen, limburg, oost-vlaanderen, ...

With pre-defined list I meant the dropdown box with the states.

States are not part of pre-defined list, unless that is a customization you did. Send the two files you modified to my support email and I will look at the changes you made.

Did you notice my answer on this ? I made the changes you quoted, but it doesn't work. The states are not showing in the pre-defined list anymore.

Thanks Modzzz

To change the country on the search form to Belgium only, see below :

In modules\modzzz\restaurant\classes\BxRestaurantFormSearch.php

Find :

'Country' => array(
    'type' => 'select',
    'name' => 'Country',
    'caption' => _t('_modzzz_restaurant_form_caption_country'),
    'values' => $aCountries,
    'attrs' => array(
        'onchange' => "getHtmlData('substate','$sStateUrl'+this.value)",
    ), 
    'value' => $sDefaultCountry,  
    'required' => false, 
    'db' => array (
        'pass' => 'Preg', 
        'params' => array('/([a-zA-Z]{0,2})/'),
    ),  
),

Replace with :

'Country' => array(
    'type' => 'hidden',
    'name' => 'Country', 
    'value' => 'BE',  
    'required' => false, 
    'db' => array (
        'pass' => 'Preg', 
        'params' => array('/([a-zA-Z]{0,2})/'),
    ),  
),

The same needs to be done to the getBlockCode_Search function found in modules\modzzz\restaurant\classes\BxRestaurantPageMain.php

In these two locations, you also need to define the states array :

Find :

$aStates = array();

Replace with :

$aStates = $GLOBALS['oBxRestaurantModule']->_oDb->getStateArray('BE');

27 Mar 2017

The following files are updated so country is not automatically selected :

modules/modzzz/restaurant/classes/BxRestaurantPageMain.php

modules/modzzz/restaurant/classes/BxRestaurantModule

modules/modzzz/restaurant/classes/BxRestaurantFormAdd.php

Any video processing issue is server related. Check with your host and also check other forums here to resolve your issue with video processing. That is not a result of the module. I have asked my host to resolve the video processing on my demo sites also.
29 Mar 2017

Thanks Modzzz!

30 Mar 2017

Hi Modzzz

Do you have some manual on how to claim a business?

How does this feature packages and claims work? I can't find any restaurant to claim on your demo site, so I can't figure out how this works.

I created a package and in membership settings I allowed members to buy a package and claim a listing, but I see nothing on my site about buying a package or claim a listing.

Thanks for your explanation.

11 Apr 2017

https://snag.gy/AJSs6h.jpg

12 Apr 2017

I see on your demosite 'restaurants' and 'listings'.

What's the difference? When I have the mod 'restaurants' do I have to install a mod 'listings' as well?

I really don't understand ...

Is it possible in the restaurants module to make a package for members so they can create a restaurant after paying? Or to claim a restaurant that admin created? Or do I need to add the listings module to achieve that?

I created a package, but I see no way how to use it in the restaurants module.

Please explain some more.

12 Apr 2017

Love the way this is cooking.

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
2 Sep 2017

Oh well, I couldn't care less Tongue Out

I decided a couple of months ago to quit using Dolphin.

The script is ok, but as soon as you start using modules, or make some customisations, it's a never ending story.

2 Sep 2017

Sorry to hear that, Annabel.

You seemed to be getting this mod working just the way you wanted it.

I know how you feel though, having spent all weekend upgrading the script, editing core files that seemed to change again, testing, reading through all the relevant forum threads..... and still finding new things that break.

There may come a time when it's really not worth upgrading any more, as it's always two steps forward and three steps back, just to try and move another step forward.

What are you using now?

Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Sep 2017

What do you think? WordPress of course Laughing 

I bought a great directory theme with add-ons and plugins. All together about $ 100.

I really couldn't go on with Dolphin. The script is ok, but the modules are a pain in the ass. And yes, I nearly got it the way I wanted it. But then there's a change in the script and the developers don't update their modules on short notice (sometimes never).

Now (with the WP theme) I just have to open a ticket and within 24 hours the problem is solved.

My new website will be online day after tomorrow (some minor translations still left at this moment).

2 Sep 2017

Always great service and great modules!! Thanks for the great work...modzzz!! ;)

Everyday is a new beginning.
2 Sep 2017

Some things will never change Laughing

2 Sep 2017

Regarding the Claim feature for this module, this is available for Restaurant listings that are posted by the Administrator. The idea is that Administrator can post a Restaurant and the owners can claim the listing. When a claim is made, administrator is notified and there is a listing of Claim Requests which is displayed in the Admin section. Administrator can then accept a claim after reviewing the Claim reason and being satisfied the the Ownership claim is legitimate. After acceptance, the administrative rights for the Restaurant is transferred to the claimant.

17 Sep 2017

Updates have been made to the integration with Places module and also to the integration with Coupons module. Re-upload files and recompile language for the module.

17 Sep 2017

Too late ... 

17 Sep 2017

Not too late for me, and possibly many others involved.

Innocent

modzzz always gets there in the end, but these integrated modules can get confusing and cause much going around in circles.

ie:

I report a problem in the Places (Locations) thread, that seemed to involve the eateries (restaurants) integration.

Just when one problem seems fixed another problem appears, as language strings get crossed and we lose track of which modules to update and which Product Support thread to post the new bug in.

New Bug Report

In Language Settings we have:

_modzzz_restaurant_caption_lodging_at_location (Modzzz Restaurant)
String text for English language
Restaurant at Location

On Add Eatery Page in Location module we have:

_modzzz_restaurant_caption_eatery_at_location

To Resolve:

I added a language key:

_modzzz_restaurant_caption_lodging_at_location (Modzzz Restaurant)

with Restaurant at Location as the 'String text for English language'.

Now to get back to the Locations support to try and get the other problem resolved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18 Sep 2017

Correction...

To Resolve:

I added the language key:

_modzzz_restaurant_caption_eatery_at_location

with Restaurant at Location as the 'String text for English language'.

Cool

18 Sep 2017
18 Sep 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.